Try now please
Joined the group! :smile:
Course Applying: History
AS Subjects: History, Economics, Geography, English Literature
A2 Subjects: Geography, Economics, History, Welsh Baccalaureate
GCSE grades: 6A*6A
AS grades: AABC
Predicted A2: A*AA + A*
Super-curricular: University study days funded by the Sutton Trust, lectures, lots of wider reading, volunteer at a museum, work experience in London by a charity
(edited 7 years ago)
Applying for Maths with Economics MSci.

AS: Maths, A, 290/300 (97%)
Further Maths, A, 268/300 (89%)
Physics, A
Economics, A

GCSEs: 3A*s 6As 2Bs.

A2 Predicted: A*A*A*A (in Maths, FM, Economics and Physics respectively). Chances?
I requested to join :smile:

Applying for natural sciences

A levels: Maths, further Maths, physics, chemistry
AS Grades: AAAA

A2 Predicted: A*A*A*A*

Gcses: 10A*s 1A
Don't lose hope you've got lots of potential and obviously want to further your studies. So are you re-sitting this year in order to go to UCL in October 2017, or are you applying with your grades under the exceptional circumstances option?
Original post by samantham999
I'm not sure if in my references my teachers will write that a death in the family is a special circumstance

I'm resitting 10 exams in total (2 eco, 2 history & 6 maths)

For history realistically, I think i will achieve an A, I just resat the coursework and got 75/80ums and if I get even a low A in unit 1 then for the other exam I only need a C to get a overall A
for maths I have a tutor, I'm completing it in 1 year froms scratch, I've finished chapter 5 in c1 finding it fine

I just feel I have 0% chance for UCL, I'm predicted BBB but I am sure I will exceed this

I am unsure to apply to UCL because I don't think they will even look at my application & yes I want to go to UCL starting Sept 2017

I'd say definitely apply, there's nothing to lose and you have five choices anyway, so your 4 others can have lower grade requirements. They look at other things than your grades like your personal statement/work experience etc. Your offer would probably be above your predicted but then it gives you something to aim for. But also ask yourself what is it about UCL that wants you to go? For example there are lots of other unis in London that you could also apply to if that's what you want, and they'll be lots of similar courses out there at other unis so all hope isn't lost if you potentially don't get an offer. You have lots of options.
Are there any Medicine applicants here? I can't seem to find a thread for UCL Med haha :-P
Applying for Biochemistry at UCL.
UCAS application will be sent off by the end of next week.

GCSES: 1A* 1A & 7B's
AS grades: ACCD (not great I know, dropped the D grade subject).
EPQ grade A (achieved).
Predicted A2: A*AB

Completed my personal statement & all references are complete.
School's in special measures so I have extenuating circumstances.
I've done A LOT of extra & super curricular activities, too many to mention on here.
(edited 7 years ago)
Applying for economics
GCSE's - 1A* 7A 3B(RS,German,IT) 1C(geog)

AS-AAAC (maths chemistry psychology physics respectively)

A2 prediction- A*AA- A* in maths

Hoping to apply to UCL, UCL(with a year abroad), Warwick, St Andrews, Manchester

Extra curriculars-

raised over £900 for charity

Play football weekly and go to the gym 5 times a week

Read the undercover economist and freakonomics- need to read some more books any suggestions?

Play chess - hoping to link that to game theory

Volunteered for 2 months helping disabled children

Attended an economics taster day

Also anymore relevant EC's you'd recommend?

Be brutally honest do I have a chance at UCL/Warwick?

I've also decided if I don't get into UCL/Warwick I'm going to reapply next year

Also any tips for making my Personal Statement stand out?

Sorry for the long post 😬

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by carolinehj
I requested to join :smile:

Applying for natural sciences

A levels: Maths, further Maths, physics, chemistry
AS Grades: AAAA

A2 Predicted: A*A*A*A*

Gcses: 10A*s 1A

same, are you applying to Cambridge as well?
I'm going to apply for Maths and Physics at UCL (same course at Exeter, Bristol and theoretical physics + applied maths at Birmingham) and then NatSci at Cambridge :smile:

I'm a french student and am predicted the equivalent of A*A*A- A*A*A* (around 17,5/20 in the french bac) . I requested to join the fb group :smile:
Should be sending my application next week, personal statement done just waiting for my reference to be ready.
Reply 93
Original post by Hanaan999
Applying for economics
GCSE's - 1A* 7A 3B(RS,German,IT) 1C(geog)

AS-AAAC (maths chemistry psychology physics respectively)

A2 prediction- A*AA- A* in maths

Hoping to apply to UCL, UCL(with a year abroad), Warwick, St Andrews, Manchester

Extra curriculars-

raised over £900 for charity

Play football weekly and go to the gym 5 times a week

Read the undercover economist and freakonomics- need to read some more books any suggestions?

Play chess - hoping to link that to game theory

Volunteered for 2 months helping disabled children

Attended an economics taster day

Also anymore relevant EC's you'd recommend?

Be brutally honest do I have a chance at UCL/Warwick?

I've also decided if I don't get into UCL/Warwick I'm going to reapply next year

Also any tips for making my Personal Statement stand out?

Sorry for the long post 😬

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

hey kid, i'm also applying for the same thing as you. do you go to a grammar/private or state school? we should be friends maybe? :colondollar:
Friendly reminder to join the UCL Applicants (2017 entry) Facebook group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/346004315745562/
Original post by rahavi9
Hi, i want to apply to UCL to study pharmacy, i was just wondering if UCL gives offers after or before interviews?

Erm as far as I know, last year they started interviewing applicants again (since they stopped for 2 years previously) and only after that, they send offers, but I've heard the interview is pretty chilled....not sure about your intake tho, although will most probs be the same but can call them up to double check!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by k.russell
same, are you applying to Cambridge as well?

No :frown: was going to, would have applied to Catz.
Original post by carolinehj
No :frown: was going to, would have applied to Catz.

How comes you've decided against it? Does that make UCL your first choice then?
I'm going to apply for Computer Science at UCL. I'm Scottish so our exam system is a little different, there's no A*s.

National 5: 7As, 1B
Higher: 6As (Maths, English, Computer Science, Physics, Chemistry, Music)
Advanced Higher: Predicted 4As (Maths, Applied Maths, Physics, Computer Science)

I sat an extra higher to try and increase my chances of getting an offer and same with the advanced highers.
Anyone know if I'm likely to get an offer?
Original post by k.russell
How comes you've decided against it? Does that make UCL your first choice then?

Perhaps her predictions weren't up to scratch?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending