The Student Room Group

Should I work part time during my final year of A-Levels?

So, I've had part time jobs alongside my studies since I was 14. My temporary contract for the company I currently work for is due to end shortly. Should I get another job? Or would it be more effective if I took a year out and focused on my studies? I'm not sure if I can actually afford this though. Advice????
If you think you wont be able to afford it then get a job but make sure you balance your studies so that you do well in them. Probably look for a weekend job?

Posted from TSR Mobile
you can certainly work through your a levels, many people do :smile: just don't do too many hours, say 12ish? if you manage your time well that shouldn't be a problem
I'd say only have a part time job if you really need one in A level . It's only two years but it really counts. After that you can get as many jobs as you would like
Only look for another job if financially you absolutely have to. A2 year is hard enough as it is.
I would say keep ur job. I did a part time job and worked most Thursday Friday and Saturdays. The occasional Sunday too but about a month or so before exams start then book time off as you will need to revise. I did it and got BBB. Which I was happy with, however if you need A's/A*'s you may need to reconsider and forget your job.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending