Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I want Wenger OUT....

He's past it. He has *****y tactics. and those who want him in only live off sentiment.

but doesn't mean i hate him.

or don't respect his achievements.

or think he's not a legend for us.

and yep, we've done better in PL history than many other clubs. So what?? I'm a Gooner, i don't care about Everton, or Aston Villa,or Tottenham, or Newcastle, which have done comparatively *****ier in Premier League history. It's not our fault that Liverpool have had *****y managers (Evans, Rodgers) or managers who didn't achieve to their potential (Rafa). I don't need to care about that.

ReputationRep:
    Who do you want instead? I previously thought it should be Koeman, but I don't see a successor out there.

On another note, it's slightly harsh on Rodgers to call him sh*t after he'd done a terrific job at Swansea and came closer than anyone else in decades to dragging a weak Liverpool side to the PL. He's even doing ok at Celtic.

ReputationRep:
    According to The Sun, Eddie Howe is being identified as a potential replacement. IDK if it's just me but I don't rate Howe, not to the levels that the media tend to (pretty much shoe-horning him into the England job at one point). If he does well this season, and I'm talking a top ten finish then there's something there to work with.

ReputationRep:
    Howe at Arsenal would be Moyes at United level of funny.

ReputationRep:
    Laurent Blanc perhaps?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thought De Boer would get the Southampton job, would be a decent shout if he does well at Inter.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    According to The Sun, Eddie Howe is being identified as a potential replacement. IDK if it's just me but I don't rate Howe, not to the levels that the media tend to (pretty much shoe-horning him into the England job at one point). If he does well this season, and I'm talking a top ten finish then there's something there to work with.
    Howe? If he can manage Arsenal, so can I.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diego Costa)
    Who do you want instead? I previously thought it should be Koeman, but I don't see a successor out there.

On another note, it's slightly harsh on Rodgers to call him sh*t after he'd done a terrific job at Swansea and came closer than anyone else in decades to dragging a weak Liverpool side to the PL. He's even doing ok at Celtic.
    Doing well at Celtic, given their league, is not difficult for anybody. He's not ****, but not a top level striker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kimkarsd)
    Doing well at Celtic, given their league, is not difficult for anybody. He's not ****, but not a top level striker.
    Rodgers managing Liverpool to the title would have been the most impressive PL win in history to that point. He completely changed the style of the squad from Roy and Dalglish to attacking fluid football. He's not a world class manager, but he deserves his due.

I was referring more to Europe when saying that he's doing well, as he's qualified for the group stages for the first time in three years. Barcelona lost to Alaves at the weekend because they were resting Suarez, Messi and Iniesta for the Celtic match.I know Enrique was being very daft by resting players in September, but the point remains.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diego Costa)
    Rodgers managing Liverpool to the title would have been the most impressive PL win in history to that point. He completely changed the style of the squad from Roy and Dalglish to attacking fluid football. He's not a world class manager, but he deserves his due.

I was referring more to Europe when saying that he's doing well, as he's qualified for the group stages for the first time in three years. Barcelona lost to Alaves at the weekend because they were resting Suarez, Messi and Iniesta for the Celtic match.I know Enrique was being very daft by resting players in September, but the point remains.
    he's average. like in the moyes or allardyce or pardew bracket.

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to see either Löew or Blanc replace him at the end of the season

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    Every year some random "up and coming" manager gets touted to replace Wenger. Remember last year when Gary Monk won two games and was flavour of the month? There were a lot of calls for him to be Arsenal manager. Now look at him.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.