Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Bad at math, wondering what I need to get in my modules for a high 2:1 or a first.

Weighting:
    2nd year - 15%
    placement year - 10% (half of this was grades achieved on study placement, half is from a written piece which I haven't received back yet)
    Final year - 75%

Grades:
    2nd year - 59.94 avg (illness etc)
    placement year - 69.2% from grades, other half unsure as it's not marked but assume 65%-?

I assume i'll need to get 60ish average for a good 2:1, and 75ish average for a first?

ReputationRep:
    if you got 60% in final year you'd get 61%
    if you got 75% you'd get 72% overall

you would need like 72% to average 70% overall

work it out like this ((2nd year av x 15) + (placement av x 10) + (final year av x 75)) / 100

so for your above grades: ((59 x 15) + (69 x 10) + (guess/estimate x 75)) / 100

ReputationRep:
    Thanks bud

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.