Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I have always wanted to go to Bath uni and would like to get some more information on my chances of getting in, as I don't want to get my hopes unrealistically high.
    I read online that there is a compulsory GCSE grade requirement of an A in math to get into the psychology course at Bath. I have spoken to administration people (both in person and via email) and they have told me it isn't compulsory to be able to get an offer, however, all the A grades in maths will be taken first and if there is room, they move onto the B grades.
    I feel did well in my GCSE, getting all A's and above apart from a B in maths.
    I was wondering if anyone has any information as to if someone in my situation would be able to get into bath/ how much they really take that maths grade into account/ how competitive it will or has been to get a place?

Thank you very much
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by jessicalee27)
    Hello,

I have always wanted to go to Bath uni and would like to get some more information on my chances of getting in, as I don't want to get my hopes unrealistically high.
    I read online that there is a compulsory GCSE grade requirement of an A in math to get into the psychology course at Bath. I have spoken to administration people (both in person and via email) and they have told me it isn't compulsory to be able to get an offer, however, all the A grades in maths will be taken first and if there is room, they move onto the B grades.
    I feel did well in my GCSE, getting all A's and above apart from a B in maths.
    I was wondering if anyone has any information as to if someone in my situation would be able to get into bath/ how much they really take that maths grade into account/ how competitive it will or has been to get a place?

Thank you very much
    In truth there is not much more that can be added to what's been said, apart from someone saying 'I got a B but I got let in'. But I appreciate that it's stressful and you don't want it to hold you back.

Is it possible to resit it with your school?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    In truth there is not much more that can be added to what's been said, apart from someone saying 'I got a B but I got let in'. But I appreciate that it's stressful and you don't want it to hold you back.

Is it possible to resit it with your school?
    I honestly did consider it, and I understand that would make sense to do to ensure my place, however, i am currently in the process of projects such as EPQ and roles in my school that I wouldn't have time to give it the attention it deserves. Also, it will be a new syllabus, so not completely new maths but a VERY different exam (a maths teacher advised me not to retake due to the difference in the new exams)

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I had the same worry last year but with my GSCE English grade and the Psychology course, I emailed them and they said despite taking the IB (In which I have to take English as a subject for 2 years at A-Level Standard) it would make my offer uncompetitive and they would strongly recommend a re-sit to make my application competitive. This put me off Bath hahah. Though you have 5 applications you can make so if your set on Bath it wouldn't hurt you to make 1 of them Bath.

My thoughts on it ~

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.