Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I start back tomorrow after a nice 8 week summer holiday and to be perfectly honest I am dreading going back in tomorrow. I know everybody is the same, ok maybe some may be slightly glad to get back to reality again but I'm not. It's not school that I don't want to go back to because I love learning, it's the people I don't want to go back to. None of them are nice, they all talk about you behind your back and two faced and that makes me miserable and really nervous because I hate that. I honestly don't know what to do. I've enjoyed just resting the whole summer and being around my family and having a break having sat 5 GCSE exams in May/June. You've got no idea how much I want to do flexi schooling but I'm worried that if I only attend school part time I will fall behind in my GCSEs because I really want to do well, carry on and do AS & A2 then go to uni. Does anyone have any advice?

ReputationRep:
    Have you thought about moving school? You may be on your last year but if it will help you feel better and achieve your best then surely it's good.

(Original post by adz234)
    I start back tomorrow after a nice 8 week summer holiday and to be perfectly honest I am dreading going back in tomorrow. I know everybody is the same, ok maybe some may be slightly glad to get back to reality again but I'm not. It's not school that I don't want to go back to because I love learning, it's the people I don't want to go back to. None of them are nice, they all talk about you behind your back and two faced and that makes me miserable and really nervous because I hate that. I honestly don't know what to do. I've enjoyed just resting the whole summer and being around my family and having a break having sat 5 GCSE exams in May/June. You've got no idea how much I want to do flexi schooling but I'm worried that if I only attend school part time I will fall behind in my GCSEs because I really want to do well, carry on and do AS & A2 then go to uni. Does anyone have any advice?

ReputationRep:
    So you are in year 11? Just carry on and go somewhere else for sixth form dont see the point in moving schools. I had people like that in my school and you had to cope with it just remember after this year you probably wont see these people again unless they are serving you in McDonalds.

ReputationRep:
    Just keep going. One more year left until you can leave the hell hole.
    Work hard and never look back.

ReputationRep:
    People change so much in sixth form, give it a few weeks and everyone will be mature, stick to your own group and no one will interfere. Alternatively you can move school which is great if you want a fresh start

My advice is for you to just focus on your GCSE's and then you can get out of that toxic place.

You can't expect everyone to be your friend so those who don't appreciate your presence, don't entertain them.

Good luck.
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Reviewer
    Why do you only attend part time? Get it over and done with, like ripping off a plaster.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adz234)
    I faced the exactly the same problems that you faced , let me assure you that you that this will get better.

Firstly you could possibly bury your head in your books and try and avoid any sort of interaction but then you need to be thick skinned to ignore the backchat. If there is a particular subject that you enjoy then try and read around to make it seem like less of a chore.

If you have a hobby , emphasis on that and use it as a diversion outside school.

If you live in a major city then you could join a meetup club.

I went through what you went through a few years ago. If you want to discuss anything just DM and good luck in your a-levels , the jump from GCSE to A-levels is severely underestimated.

ReputationRep:
    Hey. Yeah I get like that too I know what it feels like when people are *****ing about you behind your back it's not nice at all but I deal with it as I only have 1 year to go then that's me but for how ever long you have left try to hold your head up high and don't let anyone bring you down because later in life those people who made you feel horrible are the ones who always come crawling back to the people who they treated like rubbish my point is stay strong you can do this. ❤

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.