The most incredible female voice you will hear Watch

This discussion is closed.
mrsmann
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Obviously it's all opinion but that doesn't mean you have to say "imo" all the time because it should just be taken as a given. And I wouldn't even mind if people didn't like Joanna but listening to her for 30 seconds, live, only once, is definitely not enough to like her music.

Muse are awful! Just kidding. I don't think they're that bad. But it annoys me how everyone I know loves them.
Syous
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Rather butch really 4/10
Strictly Business
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
How can you compare her to Whitney Houston pre-crack? Or Mariah Carey earlier in her career... or Billie Holiday?
mrsmann
Rep:
?
(Original post by ..Inphinite..)
How can you compare her to Whitney Houston pre-crack? Or Mariah Carey earlier in her career... or Billie Holiday?
Hahahahah please tell me that's a joke.
Ezekiel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Why do people alwas have to be nasty about things?
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Ezekiel)
Why do people alwas have to be nasty about things?
Some peeps do it in hope of someone replying going "lmao" or something to that effect. ;yes;

Everybody calm down. There is a difference between giving an opinion and being a *****.

Don't shout down other peoples opinions just because you do not express the same view.
ISH
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by mrsmann)
Obviously it's all opinion but that doesn't mean you have to say "imo" all the time because it should just be taken as a given.
Show me a case where I've said "imo" or "in my opinion." More likely you'll find many cases in which I have defended the right to have an opinion.

And I wouldn't even mind if people didn't like Joanna but listening to her for 30 seconds, live, only once, is definitely not enough to like her music.
Berating others' taste in music sounds like you mind quite a bit. Here's an example.

Hardly surprising coming from someone who likes these (awful) bands
Muse are awful! Just kidding. I don't think they're that bad. But it annoys me how everyone I know loves them.
People like them because they're quite good.
mrsmann
Rep:
?
Show me a case where I've said "imo" or "in my opinion." More likely you'll find many cases in which I have defended the right to have an opinion.
I was actually talking to CJ.

Originally Posted by mrsmann
Hardly surprising coming from someone who likes these (awful) bands
I said that to PJ, and I would agree if it were someone else I said that to it would be harsh, but PJ has insulted me numerous times before so he deserves it. So does Inphinite.

At the end of day ISH, I don't care if people don't like her. It just seems silly to judge her immediately after nto listening that carefully. But whatever.
ISH
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It just seems silly to judge her immediately after nto listening that carefully. But whatever.
People do this every day about everything. What's so different about her?
Strictly Business
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hahahahah please tell me that's a joke.
Nuff said about you and your music taste.
mrsmann
Rep:
?
The songs are quite long in length. You won't understand anything in the first listen. This isn't a 3 minute happy Britney Spears song (obviously) in which you can "get" everything in the first listen. There are so many layers and nuances to listen out for that it is impossible to get it the first time! Go ask anyone that listens to a band like Tool, Meshuggah or King Crimson the number of times they needed to listen to get it, I bet it won't be one.
~Lc~
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hardly surprising coming from someone who likes these (awful) bands:

Guns n Roses!
Velvet Revolver
Janes Addiction
Muse
Rage Against the Machine
Matchbox Twenty
New Found Glory
Creed
Dashboard Confessional
Incubus
Led Zeppelin
Reel Big Fish
Staind

Is it me or are you one of the most annoying persons ever? And you shouldn't judge my taste in music considering you like Linkin Park.
I haven't heard what u posted up there yet (I have no speakers) but oh no you did not just offend those bands! :rolleyes:
ISH
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The songs are quite long in length. You won't understand anything in the first listen. This isn't a 3 minute happy Britney Spears song (obviously) in which you can "get" everything in the first listen. There are so many layers and nuances to listen out for that it is impossible to get it the first time! Go ask anyone that listens to a band like Tool, Meshuggah or King Crimson the number of times they needed to listen to get it, I bet it won't be one.
What if I just don't like her voice or the style of music?
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Or just competely ignore what i say.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1111)
79.07%
Leave (294)
20.93%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed