Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I had AAA on results day

After remarks A* AA

But adjustment period for law had run out, subsequently put on a waiting list for law at RG universities.

In the likely circumstance that I end up with a deferred entry, can I just call SF to cancel the payments?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Windies)
    Hello,

I had AAA on results day

After remarks A* AA

But adjustment period for law had run out, subsequently put on a waiting list for law at RG universities.

In the likely circumstance that I end up with a deferred entry, can I just call SF to cancel the payments?
    If you don't turn up in person at a university then your SF wont be paid and will be cancelled for the year.

Make sure you have your SF university/course set as whichever of your possible options has the latest starting date (just in case - if it's set for a course that starts in mid Sept, you don't turn up and then you get a place on a course that starts in early Oct then that could cause problems...it's easy and quick to swap courses/universities but more tricky if SFE expected you to start on a course that you didn't start).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    If you don't turn up in person at a university then your SF wont be paid and will be cancelled for the year.

Make sure you have your SF university/course set as whichever of your possible options has the latest starting date (just in case - if it's set for a course that starts in mid Sept, you don't turn up and then you get a place on a course that starts in early Oct then that could cause problems...it's easy and quick to swap courses/universities but more tricky if SFE expected you to start on a course that you didn't start).
    Semester One Welcome Week (College enrolment and Faculty induction): 19th – 23rd September 2016Teaching starts: 26th September 2016

if i remember correct UCAS said September 1st or possibly just September without a date for all the courses I applied to.

According to that I should be fine right?

I've also contacted KCL saying I don't want to study history programme and that after QMUL make mind up on whether they can take me or not I will ask them to withdraw their offer, which will also mean my insurance QMUL gets withdrawn along with it. (I presume once KCL firm gets withdrawn, insurance gets withdrawn automatically).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.