Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 055Cnahtan)
    She'd be in Doncaster. Which is about 40 mins I think on train. Don't know how often I/she'd be able to make the trip but I imagine it could be regularish
    Ah, that shouldn't be a problem. With a railcard and a bit of notice beforehand, he pays about £35 return at the weekend.
    I think i'm right in saying that you only have to take one train (so one train company), so it shouldn't be too expensive.

ReputationRep:
    i did have to do the photo thing with my accomodation form. dont know who they'll put me with considering i look well stoned on the photo!

do you know if theres a natwest or HSBC bank near to the uni? cos im currently deciding which bank to sign up with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Refuse Siddy)
    do you know if theres a natwest or HSBC bank near to the uni? cos im currently deciding which bank to sign up with.
    If it helps, my boyfriend is with Natwest, but I think that's mainly because he was already with them.

But bearing in mind the campus is in the 'main' city in a pretty big county, I'd be suprised if there wasn't a good number of banks there. (I've not been myself.)

ReputationRep:
    They have both I think, I am going for HSBC personally although the walk to either is about equal there is like an off road on the main high street where they all are apart from Nationwide which I think is a little closer. How sad is that I think I am too eager to get down there :eek:

ReputationRep:
    ok thanks for that. i think ill go with natwest cos i can open it straight away whereas others need you to wait till you get your results.

....and do you know what the local gigging scene is like? i.e is there many venues and frequent gigs. thanx.

ReputationRep:
    lol hmm not too sure on the gigging scene, there aren't to my knowledge that many places you could go too. I know there is like one main building which has 3 nightclubs inside but apart from that it would be little bars etc, maybe more. Are you in a band like?

ReputationRep:
    no im not in a band (not thru the lack of trying!). i just reguarly go to gigs where i live now. i know that nottingham has a good scene, thats not too far on the train i dont think?

ReputationRep:
    You'd probably have to out of town then. They do have some comedians go into the uni bar from time to time but I wouldn't bother unless Jethro or Lee Evans turned up which is very unlikely.

ReputationRep:
    Do you think there are a lot of foreign people in Lincolnshire?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev1122)
    Is it a good university? Anybody been there before - if you did, how is it like?
    The Lincoln campus:

I don't go there but I've seen it... personally the words "big prison block" comes to mind! hehe, but thats just me i think! One of my friend goes there and absolutely loves it tho so just ignore me! I'm not sure why but our school doesn't think too much of it... which cud be why i'm a tiny bit biased! lol

But saying that, the accomodation is meant to be the best value compared to a lot of others and u get a lot for ur money, apparently. Lincoln istelf is a decent enuf town (the people are nice enuf), it's certainly very safe. There's decent shops, cinema, cathedral, castle etc

Can't tell u much more than that, i'm afraid but hope that helps!

ReputationRep:
    ....and do you know what the local gigging scene is like? i.e is there many venues and frequent gigs. thanx.
    If you want well known acts, you'll have to head to Nottingham I should think.

Though the university does host a few gigs by well known-ish bands. Bloke was wetting himself with joy when he found out Cinerama were playing there, and he saw M.A.S.S there too. Does that give you an idea at all of the sort of thing you get? I can ask if you want to know more..

ReputationRep:
    I think Lincoln has the most modern compus in the UK (my opinion though).

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to Lincoln, I'll have to try and get involved with the Union and sort out some decent gigs!

ReputationRep:
    What course are you doing? do you know where you are staying yet :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes and I'll be studying Computer Information Systems. Forgot to mention that!

ReputationRep:
    I've just switched courses now. Will be doing games computing. I've been told by a friend who goes there that I'll have computer reserved for me in the library :cool: so *maybe* you too

ReputationRep:
    no im not in a band (not thru the lack of trying!). i just reguarly go to gigs where i live now. i know that nottingham has a good scene, thats not too far on the train i dont think?
    No more than an hour on the train to Notts from Lincoln.

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying to that university soon, doing Internet Computing.

(Original post by trev1122)
    Is it a good university? Anybody been there before - if you did, how is it like?
    Well, let's just say that it's not the LSE.

ReputationRep:
    Very true.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.