shannon1017
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So I got my AS results a few weeks ago and was extremely disapointed. I was expecting at least AABC but came out with BCCD.My school said they would allow me to drop the D and carry on into A2 but I need the D (biology) for uni so I'm thinking about repeating lower sixth.I'm in two minds about it because on one hand repeating seems such a good idea because I'll be ahead of everyone else but I don't want to have to leave my friends and all the rest of the good stuff. Has anyone else repeated a year,what was it like? Are you glad you done it?
MrsSheldonCooper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I repeated Year 12 and honestly I'm glad I did. You work out where you went wrong last time and I did much better than I did the year before

I know two people who repeated Year 12(they got much worse than you) and they go/are going to in October to Bristol and Cambridge so it isn't the end of the world either although you will get idiots who tell you it is.
username1292215
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Mshannon1017)
So I got my AS results a few weeks ago and was extremely disapointed. I was expecting at least AABC but came out with BCCD.My school said they would allow me to drop the D and carry on into A2 but I need the D (biology) for uni so I'm thinking about repeating lower sixth.I'm in two minds about it because on one hand repeating seems such a good idea because I'll be ahead of everyone else but I don't want to have to leave my friends and all the rest of the good stuff. Has anyone else repeated a year,what was it like? Are you glad you done it?
Im resittingg my year 12 but have to go to a different school, and I am soooooo worried but i think it is the best thing for me
PurpleDelight
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SuperHuman98)
Im resittingg my year 12 but have to go to a different school, and I am soooooo worried but i think it is the best thing for me
Same
Annada Rathore
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
I repeated Year 12 and honestly I'm glad I did. You work out where you went wrong last time and I did much better than I did the year before

I know two people who repeated Year 12(they got much worse than you) and they go/are going to in October to Bristol and Cambridge so it isn't the end of the world either although you will get idiots who tell you it is.

Thank you so much for this! I actually know plenty of students who repeated Year 12 and actually have great success stories. And yet career counselors and others all say it's a terrible idea. I think, if you end up performing to your full potential and doing something you're actually proud of, no cost is too high. I know Oxbridge frown upon repeats, especially if the reason is low grades, but I ALSO know of people getting offers from them even after repeating.

So really, I think it's all a matter of taking that leap of faith and making the most of your experience, by working on the things that caused you not to do too well the first time.

Kudos to you for doing that!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (280)
56.57%
I don't have everything I need (215)
43.43%

Watched Threads