Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if this is the wrong forum i wasn't really sure where to post. Basically i'm 19, turning 20 in a few months and would like to start education again. i left college over a year ago with 2 D grades because i never showed up. Anyway i've been working since then but would love to go to uni (i've matured a lot since college and would definitely put a lot of work in at uni) as i don't have the grades i've looked into doing an access to HE course at my local college however i don't know too much about them and will i be able to do it at the age of 19? Not sure whether you have to be older to do one. thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverfox44)
    Sorry if this is the wrong forum i wasn't really sure where to post. Basically i'm 19, turning 20 in a few months and would like to start education again. i left college over a year ago with 2 D grades because i never showed up. Anyway i've been working since then but would love to go to uni (i've matured a lot since college and would definitely put a lot of work in at uni) as i don't have the grades i've looked into doing an access to HE course at my local college however i don't know too much about them and will i be able to do it at the age of 19? Not sure whether you have to be older to do one. thanks
    Hiya. Well done you for wanting to give it another shot. I have just finished an access course and it was 19+ so you will be fine to get on one. I really enjoyed it and it has really given me the confidence boost I needed after being out of education for while (I'm 31, 2kids etc etc). I really feel prepared for uni so I only have good things to say about them. Go for it. good luck in whatever you choose to do. Xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikkiNakki)
    Hiya. Well done you for wanting to give it another shot. I have just finished an access course and it was 19+ so you will be fine to get on one. I really enjoyed it and it has really given me the confidence boost I needed after being out of education for while (I'm 31, 2kids etc etc). I really feel prepared for uni so I only have good things to say about them. Go for it. good luck in whatever you choose to do. Xxx
    Hi how did you find the access course? And what will you be studying at uni?

ReputationRep:
    I loved it. Really boosted my confidence and gave me a taste of what uni will be like. I am starting a degree in a few weeks, Early Childhood Education and Care. Don't get me wrong you need to be focused to keep up with the work but it was great. Good Luck in whatever you decide to do xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikkiNakki)
    I loved it. Really boosted my confidence and gave me a taste of what uni will be like. I am starting a degree in a few weeks, Early Childhood Education and Care. Don't get me wrong you need to be focused to keep up with the work but it was great. Good Luck in whatever you decide to do xx
    Well done and good luck to you too

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.