Ucas + Uni help Watch

Ne0n
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
My UCAS site has been updated and my firm choice (Cardiff Uni) has been changed to unconditional since I met my conditions (IB points/Diploma). Today I received a letter from cardiff stating that information regarding admissions will start to be posted on their website by 1 aug.

Do I have to wait for a written acceptance form from the school...? Also, do i have to accept the offer via UCAS or is a response actually required? I am abit nervous since I applied to a swedish uni and they need a response really soon and I am hoping that I actually did get accepted to cardiff so I can turn the swe uni down...

I dont want to turn it down and then realise that nothing happened to my cardiff offer.
Purple
Badges: 15
Report 11 years ago
You will get an AS12 letter which you will need to sign and return.
Starfish01
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
from UCAS
Minerva
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Ne0n)
My UCAS site has been updated and my firm choice (Cardiff Uni) has been changed to unconditional since I met my conditions (IB points/Diploma). Today I received a letter from cardiff stating that information regarding admissions will start to be posted on their website by 1 aug.

Do I have to wait for a written acceptance form from the school...? Also, do i have to accept the offer via UCAS or is a response actually required? I am abit nervous since I applied to a swedish uni and they need a response really soon and I am hoping that I actually did get accepted to cardiff so I can turn the swe uni down...

I dont want to turn it down and then realise that nothing happened to my cardiff offer.
You have met your conditions, therefore you have your place. You will get a letter from UCAS called the AS12, which you are supposed to return to the uni to confirm that you want the place (but this doesn't have to be done for a while anyway). I believe some unis say not to bother to send back the AS12, but you should check with Cardiff first, and keep the original of the letter anyway because it's useful for Banks and things when you want to open an account. If you are getting stuff from Cardiff that is good news; don't forget that for most people here they won't know if they've got their places until 16 August.
kellywood_5
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
If you've met your offer conditions and UCAS Track has updated to unconditional, you're definitely in. You might have to fill in an AS12 letter from UCAS and send it to Cardiff to confirm your place, but other than that, you don't have to do anything at the moment. Congrats
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?

Yes (151)
18.04%
No (510)
60.93%
Not really bothered about them (176)
21.03%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise