Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Opinions on Facebook in 2016?... Watch

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me, or has Facebook lost it's novelty at this stage?
    I feel as though everyone on my timeline is just putting on a fake persona. No one really posts about what is "on their mind" anymore, they mostly just share videos and photos from other pages. In fact, almost everything I see on that website is a video.
    The style and layout of the website is also dull and depressing to look at.
    I don't feel connected to my friends at all on Facebook... if anything, I feel more disconnected.
    I've barely posted anything on there for a long while but when I have, I've felt like a zoo animal inside a cage being watched and judged by hundreds of menacing eyes.
    I deleted my account last night and made a new one where I'm now only going to add people who I actually like and am close to in real life.
    It's not the concept of having acquaintances and strangers viewing my profile that I don't like though; I'm fine with posting on platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, TSR, YouTube etc.
    Facebook is just different. I would delete it altogether but it is the only way I can communicate with some of my friends.

Does anyone else have similar views?

ReputationRep:
    I don't like going on Facebook, I just hate the atmosphere of it overall.

ReputationRep:
    I opened FB for no reason tbh :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I think it's one of those things to look at when you've got nothing else to do tbh! Or when you're trying to look busy on your phone to avoid talking to people
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    It's been like that for years.

But at least it's not like Myspace...

ReputationRep:
    Facebook is rubbish deleted my account like 2 yrs ago best thing ever just took up space on my phone

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I just use it for Messenger now, back in the day like 4 years ago it was so good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    I just use it for Messenger now, back in the day like 4 years ago it was so good
    Good ?!?! It was the goo too but I think after insta got popular it was a no no

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't know anyone that uses it regularly anymore. I think Twitter is still quite popular

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.