The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
is that the one where you walk over three masive hills?
Reply 2
Tinykates

Sounds fun :rolleyes:
Reply 3
Cate
Sounds fun :rolleyes:

haha - my ex wanted me to do that with him. bet you can guess my answer :biggrin:
Reply 4
Tinykates

It's the one where you walk for a fair distance... Last year it was 10 miles, but everyone agrees it was more like 11 or 12. This year it was supposed to be 8 miles, but it was more like 9. I think they had some very long miles.
Reply 5
Fleff
It's the one where you walk for a fair distance... Last year it was 10 miles, but everyone agrees it was more like 11 or 12. This year it was supposed to be 8 miles, but it was more like 9. I think they had some very long miles.

ah right cool. think it's a different one then. i did a 20km walk for charity once - killer!! no idea how many miles that is. my feet were sooooo swollen by the end
Reply 6
8 miles isn't exactly a great walk is it? My Dad walks to the shops everyday and that's a six-mile round trip.
I don't like walking generally, it's too active.
Reply 8
Tinykates
ah right cool. think it's a different one then. i did a 20km walk for charity once - killer!! no idea how many miles that is. my feet were sooooo swollen by the end

My feet just have blisters... And my back hurts, and my legs, and my shoulders :confused:
Fleff
My feet just have blisters... And my back hurts, and my legs, and my shoulders :confused:

Did you start crawling or something?
Reply 10
Tinykates
haha - my ex wanted me to do that with him. bet you can guess my answer :biggrin:

Let me guess, you jumped at the opportunity? :wink:
Reply 11
Lord Huntroyde
8 miles isn't exactly a great walk is it? My Dad walks to the shops everyday and that's a six-mile round trip.

Well, I was discussing that with my mum... It isn't great... It's just longer than the average person is willing to walk. The 'great' is just there to make it sound more interesting...
Fleff
Well, I was discussing that with my mum... It isn't great... It's just longer than the average person is willing to walk. The 'great' is just there to make it sound more interesting...

Yeah, doesn't walking get boring?
Reply 13
tis_me_lord
Did you start crawling or something?

:biggrin:
I can't work out why my shoulders hurt... I didn't crawl, but I was tempted to roll down a hill at one point :tongue:
Reply 14
Fleff

hmm, well I suppose it works, 20 miles would be a great walk and would take 4/5 hours to complete.
Reply 15
tis_me_lord
Yeah, doesn't walking get boring?

Depends where you walk...
Reply 16
Lord Huntroyde
Depends where you walk...

dartmoor is cool :biggrin: you can slide down all these stone hill things n have races. :biggrin:
Reply 17
thinking about it. i think i walk quite a lot. 3 miles to school n back each day! 6 miles a day - wow - go me :biggrin:
Tinykates
thinking about it. i think i walk quite a lot. 3 miles to school n back each day! 6 miles a day - wow - go me :biggrin:

I have no idea how far i walk to and from school, though now i'm on holiday the only walking i do is tothe kitchen to munch some unhealthy food before returning to the TV and/or computer. *Gains a stone*
Some of my mates started DofE Gold last Friday and have to walk 20km a day for six days, nice. :biggrin: Silver was quite enough for me, although walking for long distances isn't that hard if you're quite active anyway.

Latest

Trending

Trending