Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Great North Walk watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else do it this year? Or any other year, for that matter..? It was on Sunday, for those who don't know.

I got back about 20 minutes ago, I've been in a car for 4 hours driving home, and my limbs hurt so much!

ReputationRep:
    is that the one where you walk over three masive hills?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    Sounds fun :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    Sounds fun :rolleyes:
    haha - my ex wanted me to do that with him. bet you can guess my answer

ReputationRep:
    It's the one where you walk for a fair distance... Last year it was 10 miles, but everyone agrees it was more like 11 or 12. This year it was supposed to be 8 miles, but it was more like 9. I think they had some very long miles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)
    It's the one where you walk for a fair distance... Last year it was 10 miles, but everyone agrees it was more like 11 or 12. This year it was supposed to be 8 miles, but it was more like 9. I think they had some very long miles.
    ah right cool. think it's a different one then. i did a 20km walk for charity once - killer!! no idea how many miles that is. my feet were sooooo swollen by the end

ReputationRep:
    8 miles isn't exactly a great walk is it? My Dad walks to the shops everyday and that's a six-mile round trip.

I don't like walking generally, it's too active.

ReputationRep:
    ah right cool. think it's a different one then. i did a 20km walk for charity once - killer!! no idea how many miles that is. my feet were sooooo swollen by the end
    My feet just have blisters... And my back hurts, and my legs, and my shoulders :confused:

(Original post by Fleff)
    My feet just have blisters... And my back hurts, and my legs, and my shoulders :confused:
    Did you start crawling or something?

ReputationRep:
    haha - my ex wanted me to do that with him. bet you can guess my answer
    Let me guess, you jumped at the opportunity?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    8 miles isn't exactly a great walk is it? My Dad walks to the shops everyday and that's a six-mile round trip.
    Well, I was discussing that with my mum... It isn't great... It's just longer than the average person is willing to walk. The 'great' is just there to make it sound more interesting...

(Original post by Fleff)
    Well, I was discussing that with my mum... It isn't great... It's just longer than the average person is willing to walk. The 'great' is just there to make it sound more interesting...
    Yeah, doesn't walking get boring?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Did you start crawling or something?

I can't work out why my shoulders hurt... I didn't crawl, but I was tempted to roll down a hill at one point

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)
    hmm, well I suppose it works, 20 miles would be a great walk and would take 4/5 hours to complete.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Yeah, doesn't walking get boring?
    Depends where you walk...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Depends where you walk...
    dartmoor is cool you can slide down all these stone hill things n have races.

ReputationRep:
    thinking about it. i think i walk quite a lot. 3 miles to school n back each day! 6 miles a day - wow - go me

thinking about it. i think i walk quite a lot. 3 miles to school n back each day! 6 miles a day - wow - go me
    I have no idea how far i walk to and from school, though now i'm on holiday the only walking i do is tothe kitchen to munch some unhealthy food before returning to the TV and/or computer. *Gains a stone*

ReputationRep:
    Some of my mates started DofE Gold last Friday and have to walk 20km a day for six days, nice. Silver was quite enough for me, although walking for long distances isn't that hard if you're quite active anyway.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.