Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Kaira's [awkward] GCSE Journey :/ Watch

ReputationRep:
    Kaira's [awkward] GCSE Journey!
    (Maybe to success... Who knows?)

Spoiler:
    Show
    *sorry this is actually in the wrong place but when i tried to post it in GYG it didn't let me :/..
    Hi guys..
    This is my FIRSTactual 'official' thread, and tbh I'm very excited to track and share my [somewhat decent] progress throughout year 11!

"Um that's great but.. who are you?"
    My name is Kaira as you have hopefully noticed.. and im about to begin my fifth and final year of secondary education.I come from London which is THE BEST [Inside joke]

Im reasonably new to tsr, in the sense that I haven't made any other threads but I do belong to a Skype group with around 20 other tsr members who have helped me with revision and becoming more acquainted with tsr.

"Right.. so what are you studying?"

I literally picked the WORST options ever but at least its only 9 subjects ey, well here they are:
    • Geography [AQA]
    • Triple science [AQA]
    • Drama [AQA]
    • RE [WJEC]
    • Citizenship [AQA]
    • Maths [EDEXCEL]
    • English [AQA]
    So my favourite subject is drama (the practical side anyway) and my least favourite subject is Geography.. what was i thinking when i chose that ..

"Oh, and what are your grades like?"

Haha.. grades.. Lol who really needs them, right?
    My mock results were seriously bad.. like awful and aren't 'tsr standard' but anyways:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Red - Mocks Yellow -Actual grades Blue - Target

dont judge meh
    • Geography E2D2B2
    • Physics B2B2A1
    • Biology C2B3A3
    • Chemistry D1C2A3
    • Drama C3B3A3
    • RE E3C3B3
    • Citizenship B3B3A1
    • Maths5= 6-7+
    • English Lit4=5+7-
    • English lang 4=4= 7-
    Hopefully i improve in all of these although idm failing geography.. that subject is pure evil (sorry mum..) anyways im working on it

"Last things?"

I dont really have a game plan for year 11 .. woops, just pass i guess. Here are some words my brain thought of to try and be inspiring.. brain just stahp.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    The jump from where i am currently to where i want to be in May , could be seen as impossible to some but with the hard work, dedication and effort that i am intending to put into my schoolwork and revision, I am pretty sure I will be able to make it, facing challenges and difficulties when necessary.

If you have read up to this point, well done you get a prize! .. ..

No you don’t Im very sorry..But anyway thank you for reading and I will try to post as regularly as possible (basically when I can be bothered).

Jacky's GYG thread- http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...116&p=67341264
    Matthew's GYG thread - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3847035
    George's GYG thread - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4222748
    Umar's GYG thread - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...238&p=67342764
    Lemur's GYG thread - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...rimary_content

:party: <trying to be like @Umar39

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for posting, I'm definitely going to be keeping up with this. Good luck! :congrats:

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by Kaira1up)

Spoiler:
    Show
    *sorry this is actually in the wrong place but when i tried to post it in GYG it didn't let me :/..
    Hi guys..
    This is my FIRSTactual 'official' thread, and tbh I'm very excited to track and share my [somewhat decent] progress throughout year 11!

My name is Kaira as you have hopefully noticed.. and im about to begin my fifth and final year of secondary education.I come from London which is THE BEST [Inside joke]

Im reasonably new to tsr, in the sense that I haven't made any other threads but I do belong to a Skype group with around 20 other tsr members who have helped me with revision and becoming more acquainted with tsr.

I literally picked the WORST options ever but at least its only 9 subjects ey, well here they are:
    • Geography [AQA]
    • Triple science [AQA]
    • Drama [AQA]
    • RE [WJEC]
    • Citizenship [AQA]
    • Maths [EDEXCEL]
    • English [AQA]
    So my favourite subject is drama (the practical side anyway) and my least favourite subject is Geography.. what was i thinking when i chose that ..

My mock results were seriously bad.. like awful and aren't 'tsr standard' but anyways:
    Spoiler:
    Show

dont judge meh
    • Geography E2D2B2
    • Physics B2B2A1
    • Biology C2B3A3
    • Chemistry D1C2A3
    • Drama C3B3A3
    • RE E3C3B3
    • Citizenship B3B3A1
    • Maths5= 6-7+
    • English Lit4=5+7-
    • English lang 4=4= 7-
    Hopefully i improve in all of these although idm failing geography.. that subject is pure evil (sorry mum..) anyways im working on it

"Last things?"

I dont really have a game plan for year 11 .. woops, just pass i guess. Here are some words my brain thought of to try and be inspiring.. brain just stahp.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    The jump from where i am currently to where i want to be in May , could be seen as impossible to some but with the hard work, dedication and effort that i am intending to put into my schoolwork and revision, I am pretty sure I will be able to make it, facing challenges and difficulties when necessary.

No you don’t Im very sorry..But anyway thank you for reading and I will try to post as regularly as possible (basically when I can be bothered).

Question... what does E2, C2 mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danielwinstanley)
    Spoiler:
    Show

Question... what does E2, C2 mean?
    So, an E2 is an E , but the number [1,2 or 3] shows how high on the grade you are. So a B1 would be a very high B , a B+ perhaps and a B3 would be a low B , B- , and B2 is just like a B i guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JourneyToSuccess)
    Thanks for posting, I'm definitely going to be keeping up with this. Good luck! :congrats:
    Thank youu!!!!

ReputationRep:
    haha, i'm about to start y11 too!

ReputationRep:
    In some schools, the letter represents the grade, and the number represents effort

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studyxgcse)
    haha, i'm about to start y11 too!
    Really , Good luck to you!

ReputationRep:
    Really , Good luck to you!
    hehe thanks! I'm bait nervous, i haven't done any homework!
    good luck to you too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaira1up;[url="tel:67343374")
    67343374[/url]]So, an E2 is an E , but the number [1,2 or 3] shows how high on the grade you are. So a B1 would be a very high B , a B+ perhaps and a B3 would be a low B , B- , and B2 is just like a B i guess
    Ahhh okay. Good luck!
    I'm in year 11 too...this'll be a fun year

ReputationRep:
    Update 1.
    [18/9/16].

So this is my first update, of my first ever thread on TSR..
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (okay i know its been like 17/18 days but im sarry)
    I dont really know how updates go, so i'll tell you about my life... and you listen k?

School is literally the most tiring thing ever. I never even realised:/ . The first day was 11-3 and I fell asleep as soon as i came home. Every day has been like that (except its been 9-3). Last year I would come home and be completely energetic, picking fights, facetiming friends.. homework. All of that would be done and now i feel like a 70 year old

I have so much coursework to finish, it isnt even a joke. WHAT IS MY LIFEEEE!
    I lost my USB, with alot of completed coursework on it </3. Then i found it - YAY.

I had one exam for some UNKNOWN reason.. yeesh.

Tbh i can't wait to finish my GCSE's. I dont want to see another exam in my life.. Oh wait SIXTHFORM

ReputationRep:
    Update 1.
    [18/9/16].

Spoiler:
    Show
    I dont really know how updates go, so i'll tell you about my life... and you listen k?

School is literally the most tiring thing ever. I never even realised:/ . The first day was 11-3 and I fell asleep as soon as i came home. Every day has been like that (except its been 9-3). Last year I would come home and be completely energetic, picking fights, facetiming friends.. homework. All of that would be done and now i feel like a 70 year old

I lost my USB, with alot of completed coursework on it </3. Then i found it - YAY.

Tbh i can't wait to finish my GCSE's. I dont want to see another exam in my life.. Oh wait SIXTHFORM
    Make sure you make backups of your usb regularily. There are tons of people who have had to start all their CW again because they lost their USB.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BobBobson)
    Make sure you make backups of your usb regularily. There are tons of people who have had to start all their CW again because they lost their USB.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was literally gonna do that then i fell asleep😂! Oh well i'll be more careful in the future lel.

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Hi guys..

• Geography [AQA]
    • Triple science [AQA]
    • Drama [AQA]
    • RE [WJEC]
    • Citizenship [AQA]
    • Maths [EDEXCEL]
    • English [AQA]

Spoiler:
    Show

dont judge meh
    • Geography E2D2B2
    • Physics B2B2A1
    • Biology C2B3A3
    • Chemistry D1C2A3
    • Drama C3B3A3
    • RE E3C3B3
    • Citizenship B3B3A1
    • Maths5= 6-7+
    • English Lit4=5+7-
    • English lang 4=4= 7-

"Last things?"

Spoiler:
    Show

Jacky's GYG thread- http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...116&p=67341264
    Matthew's GYG thread - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3847035
    George's GYG thread - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4222748
    Umar's GYG thread - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...238&p=67342764
    Lemur's GYG thread - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...rimary_content

Are you doing AQA A or B for Geography?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Alisha*)
    Are you doing AQA A or B for Geography?
    Aqa A i think

ReputationRep:
    Aqa A i think
    same! you started your controlled assesment?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samaad1)
    same! you started your controlled assesment?
    Yasss almost finished you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danielwinstanley)
    Ahhh okay. Good luck!
    I'm in year 11 too...this'll be a fun year
    Yep year 11 is one of the best years! I really enjoyed it and I hope you do too!

ReputationRep:
    Yasss almost finished you?
    I'm also doing the AQA A Geog assessment - it's so dull and repetitive :boring::boring:

ReputationRep:
    Update 1.
    [18/9/16].

Spoiler:
    Show

GCSE's do have a LOT of exams- I had 25 last year...

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: September 23, 2016
Poll
Do you honestly judge a book by its cover?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.