Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    is anybody resitting either unit 4 or 5 from the old spec in 2017?

ReputationRep:
    I'm planning on repeating both!

ReputationRep:
    Im retaking both

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GapYearMedic17)
    I'm planning on repeating both!
    Me too, what did you get first time round? i got C unit 4 and B unit 5

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing both 4 and 5 as well as units 1 and 2!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by idreece123)
    I'm doing both 4 and 5 as well as units 1 and 2!!
    same as me mate, you're not alone

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys know if we can resit Unit 1 for the old spec? I thought it was just for the new spec?

ReputationRep:
    I got a C in both, 77ums in both actually even though I thought the unit 5 paper was easier!

(Original post by Ismail786)
    Me too, what did you get first time round? i got C unit 4 and B unit 5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BarryAllen)
    Do you guys know if we can resit Unit 1 for the old spec? I thought it was just for the new spec?
    There's a resit paper for unit 1 and 2 on the aqa time table so you must be able to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GapYearMedic17)
    There's a resit paper for unit 1 and 2 on the aqa time table so you must be able to
    I just assumed that was for Year 13 students this year? So it would be the new spec which they sat?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing the CHEM4 and CHEM5 legacy papers just finished my notes on CHEM4 and got a B in a past paper.

Started my notes on CHEM5 and planning on doing exercises from AQA A2 Chemistry - A-Level Chemistry and other websites for CHEM4 to keep me fresh on it as I'm learning the CHEM5 content.

Once I get closer to finishing the CHEM5 notes I'm going to start doing past papers on both papers, starting with CHEM4.

Message me if you want some input or questions on other things chemistry related, it'll be easier to work if we're helping each other! Nice to know there is a mini community of us

R

ReputationRep:
    Im resitting both too. Got D's :L

ReputationRep:
    How did i just find this thread?! Resitting all 4 modules here Need to get from a C to an A.. how are you guys finding it?

ReputationRep:
    I've been looking for this thread, resiting unit 2,4,5. Got C last year

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by umbz4839)
    How did i just find this thread?! Resitting all 4 modules here Need to get from a C to an A.. how are you guys finding it?
    Same here... I've been revising like crazy and I got a private tutor. Also online notes help a lot

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    im not going to lie im not looking forward to it, chem was never easy

ReputationRep:
    how dyou find it guys?

ReputationRep:
    EZ

ReputationRep:
    I thought the paper was alright, not too hard, easier than last years. I'm just mad about the fact that the synthesis routes were basically AS! Seriously did anyone remember that you have to use the reagent KOH to convert the haloalkane back to an alkene? Also, did anyone get the V isomer that was supposedly optically active?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.