Do girls find... Watch

kashmir.noir
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by midgetaco)
Arrogance attractive? When im out with mates n stuff in pubs/clubs and meet new poeple despite been an outgoing person i always put on an arrogant front.

People have told me that arrogance is a good thing to use while flirting cos girls find it...well i dunno but i think i kindve see where theyre coming from...?

Hasnt worked so far...

Your Views!

:rolleyes:
Well lets see, since it hasnt worked so far- change!
Arrogance puts me off. Completely. Like a no-go!
Just be genuine, whatever that is, and nice- but not overly flattering. Sometimes that puts of girls too.

But I geuss you behave a way- to attract a certain girl.
john !!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Eubacterium)
I despise arrogance. Why on Earth would being full of yourself and putting someone down be attractive?
being full of yourself suggests confidence, and a secure opinion of yourself, which is attractive. it's evolution; it's natural for the woman to go for the alpha male, which is the one that leads the group.

putting someone down will come across as funny, while also lowering their self esteem (which some girls need). lower self esteem means you find yourself lowering your standards and being attracted to a wider range of people.

it works, and I understand why all girls are denying it, because its important for people to think that it takes something special to make them attracted, like in all the disney films we watched when 5 years old where the male was a caring friend rather than a confident *******.

life lesson
sugar-pie
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by john !!)
being full of yourself suggests confidence, and a secure opinion of yourself, which is attractive. it's evolution; it's natural for the woman to go for the alpha male, which is the one that leads the group.

putting someone down will come across as funny, while also lowering their self esteem (which some girls need). lower self esteem means you find yourself lowering your standards and being attracted to a wider range of people.

it works, and I understand why all girls are denying it, because its important for people to think that it takes something special to make them attracted, like in all the disney films we watched when 5 years old where the male was a caring friend rather than a confident *******.

life lesson
The arrogant prick is not by defenition the alpha male. A guy who has to point out how amazingly awesome he thinks he is, or has to put other people down to make himself look better, is the guy that the girls will be laughing at in the taxi on the way home.

Believe it or not, girls don't like being put down or 'put in their place' so it is not going to make a good impression.
Neitzhschezehcz
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I don't think people in general find arrogance attractive in and of itself, but it's an assurance of confidence. If you're confident then I'm sure it's unnecessary, and you get the added bonus of not being a prick and ending up secretly loathing yourself :P
midgetaco
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Wow theres a real 50/50 war going on here.

The guys are mostly saying it works.
And all the girls are denying it...
Impossible princess
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
There was this boy at college, who was possibly the most arrogant ******** I've ever met, but I still had a massive crush on him lmao. Anyway, yes it might well make girls fancy you and help you pull.
But as was for me and the ********, I fancied him, but I would never alow myself to have a relationship with him, he was too much of a ****. I ended up going out with a nice boy.
I will admit I find arrogance attractive, but don't take this to mean girls will want to go out with arrogant guys, besides if they do, it's only because they th5n2 they can change them.
loadkezzle
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Impossible princess)
There was this boy at college, who was possibly the most arrogant ******** I've ever met, but I still had a massive crush on him lmao. Anyway, yes it might well make girls fancy you and help you pull.
But as was for me and the ********, I fancied him, but I would never alow myself to have a relationship with him, he was too much of a ****. I ended up going out with a nice boy.
I will admit I find arrogance attractive, but don't take this to mean girls will want to go out with arrogant guys, besides if they do, it's only because they th5n2 they can change them.
I completely agree. For me, there is something about arrogance that girls find attractive, maybe it could be the bad boy image, perhaps not. But I would never have a relationship with them, because I have seen it all before. They do not know how to treat a girl properly and probably just class them as another trophy to brag about to their friends. Arrogance is really a proper turn off, and I seem to find cute and funny boys more appealing.
Le_désir
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I personally despise arrogance, its such a turn off for me. Its all yucky.
. sav .
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
haha, i'll buck the trend then. I think its ace! I've always dated slightly arrogant blokes, wouldnt have it any other way!

The arrogance / self-confidence is endearing
dyslexic_banana
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
There was a thread, about two or three weeks ago, asking what any potential partner had to be like. Many women stated "arrogance", in which; and those were just the ones who admitted to it.

All girls won't obviously like it, and maybe not even an overwhelming majority do, but I'd say a fair amount do.

How are we to define the term, though? Merely someone who thinks he's the bee's knees, or someone who goes beyond that, and is unpleasant to other people?
Ross_j
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
arrogance is fine when used in a good way imo, no problem thinking youre really good if you can back it up. it should never lead to being condescending to others. thats where the line is imo.
john !!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by sugar-pie)
The arrogant prick is not by defenition the alpha male. A guy who has to point out how amazingly awesome he thinks he is, or has to put other people down to make himself look better, is the guy that the girls will be laughing at in the taxi on the way home.

Believe it or not, girls don't like being put down or 'put in their place' so it is not going to make a good impression.
I never said "prick">. this is NOT good I understand. also what doesn't work is if someone says "girls like arrogance, Im going to act like that"- this always results in catastrophic faliure.

it has to be natural.

and as for "put in their place" again these aren't my words, theyre someone elses. it's NOT funny being mean in a serious way, but if you have any tact it will be (a) subtle - and therefore not taken badly, but like I say lower self esteem, or (b) funny - and so will not matter because its a joke.
Riim
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Misunderstood Beauty)
Confidence, yes. Arrogance, no.
:ditto:
HistoryStudent
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
No way! :eek: I can't think of anything worse! I hate it because they are blatantly up their own arses, think they're god's gift to women and that they're better than everyone else, and as likely as not only regard you as a kind of 'trophy' girlfriend or as a handy shag-with-benefits. Also, being belittling and putting girls down is not attractive, unless it's obvious it's a joke.

Confidence is good, unless it goes over the top, but arrogance is just plain irritating and offputting.
Sprockette
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by midgetaco)
Damn, bieng an obnoxious prick is what i act best at doing.
Erm, act....yeah....
krisss
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I think girls would deny it on here, but most girls do find arrogance attractive.
hannah_dru
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
No, I don't. I hate it full stop.
toffeesweets
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hahah, I absolutely hate arrogant guys :p:
bonjovi22
Report 11 years ago
IMO mate - those girls who do find arrogance attractive are bad women. From experience.
Richy_Boi
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Of course some women do.

There's a fine line between confidence and arrogance though. I try never speak about myself unless they ask a question.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (281)
27.5%
No (741)
72.5%

Watched Threads