Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i dont understand how you cant dance. Everyone can dance, its just nerves/imaginary social boundaries holding them back. Providing you dont seriously start pumping your arm across your chest into the air 80's style then everyone can dance semi alright, just listen for the base line in the song and groove to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperDaz)
    You shouldnt worry about it, noone can really dance. Well actually there are at most 6 people in the UK who can actually dance, the rest are just faking it.

Just get drunk, start doing a jazzy jog on the spot and occasionally put your hand in the air and yell something and you'll get by fine.

I only dance when drunk the rest of the time I even try I feel like a ****!

lol BS mate and thats a fact.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NW8_SW1_EC3)
    Watch 'You got Served.' and try pick up something.

Worst advice ever and if you do pick up something, i hope its not the acting "skills" in that movie.

Save the last dance is a better movie to watch if we're going down that route

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dark and Lovely)
    Worst advice ever and if you do pick up something, i hope its not the acting "skills" in that movie.

Save the last dance is a better movie to watch if we're going down that route
    Your opinion

ReputationRep:
    if you go on youtube and watch some tamil songs you should be able to copy it. lol. take this one for e.g. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ8ddqGaoD0

ReputationRep:
    I used to have two left feet but now i can dance ok. I mean, alcohol defo helps anyone, as it's all about confidence really. The only things i remotely worry about in a club is when most people dancing start singing all the words to obscure songs that show you don't know them, and also if i'm drinking out of bottles instead of glasses i worry about the other people

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm a great dancer but other people have told me I've got two left feet .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brown)
    I think I'm a great dancer but other people have told me I've got two left feet .

well if you think ur gd then you must be gd, don't listen to others, their just jealous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welshleprechaun)
    I'm 18 and go out clubbing sometimes but I cannot dance at all. Sometimes I try to sort of imitate what people are doing around me and other times I should try and let the music flow through me...but both times I can see people (strangers and friends) around me laughing at me.

I'm going to uni next year so I'll prob be going out clubbing more often so it's gonna get worse. I can't really take lessons for it either because it's not ballroom dancing, or salsa or anything like that. Can anyone help please ??
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMH0bHeiRNg

ReputationRep:
    I can't dance for ****, most people can't... so long as you can move to the beat you can't go tooo far wrong. I personally think everybody in clubs look daft so I create ridiculous moves and generally arse about with friends.

Don't worry or take yourself so seriously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welshleprechaun)
    I'm 18 and go out clubbing sometimes but I cannot dance at all. Sometimes I try to sort of imitate what people are doing around me and other times I should try and let the music flow through me...but both times I can see people (strangers and friends) around me laughing at me.

I'm going to uni next year so I'll prob be going out clubbing more often so it's gonna get worse. I can't really take lessons for it either because it's not ballroom dancing, or salsa or anything like that. Can anyone help please ??
    So what? Some people choose not to and thus don't dance.

ReputationRep:
    There are a couple of questions you ought to ask yourself:
    1. Do I really want to do well?
    a. Yes: Take dance lessons, attempt to practice.
    b. No. Self-explanatory. Don't?
    2. Am I willing to make an arse out of myself?
    a. Yes: Dance!
    b. No: Even if the answer to the first question was 'yes', some reconsideration might be needed.

I came home from sixth form today and when I got into my room I do some strange dance, because it was the weekend. I horrified myself, and I know why I never dance.

ReputationRep:
    I can dance You just have to go with the flow and don't be scared of embarassing yourself. I learnt that at an early age and now - I'm a dancing god.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.