Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How can I make myself get over someone in 24 days? Watch

I've spent months chasing after a girl (also a girl just to clarify) and finally thought we'd reached a point where we could have been something, but then it went pear shaped for a while. We are slowly recovering but I'm going back to university in 24 days and I can't be the one to make all the first moves anymore. I just don't think it's fair on me.

I have the options of getting over her, holding out and seeing if we can be something, or accept going back to university lovesick and still in the limbo I'm in now and also being miles away from her.

(Please don't suggest getting with other people for a distraction because there is literally nobody else in my hometown 😂)

How do I get over her?*

ReputationRep:
    Things went pear shaped for a reason. Keep reminding yourself of that.

(Original post by Just a Bloke)
    Things went pear shaped for a reason. Keep reminding yourself of that.
    Nothing bad actually happened. We managed to kinda resolve it but just communicating more.

ReputationRep:
    Get over her by cutting contact let her initiate and make the moves. Keep yourself busy and think of all her negative qualities which will make you think she wasn't worth your time.

ReputationRep:
    Not possible. It takes 25 days to get over someone I'm afraid

Bump

ReputationRep:
    Watch self help videos everyday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Nothing bad actually happened. We managed to kinda resolve it but just communicating more.
    Boy oh boy. The way to fix thing with a girl is to communicate less NOT more.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 2, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.