Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

So I know up to four of our five choices on UCAS can be medicine/dentistry, but can there be even less? For example, if I applied for medicine at KCL as one choice and at Barts for a second choice, would I be able to apply for courses like biochemistry/biomedical sciences for the other three choices? Also if so, could they be at the same university? Thanks in advance for the help
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Study Helper
    (Original post by heartypirate)
    Hey guys

So I know up to four of our five choices on UCAS can be medicine/dentistry, but can there be even less? For example, if I applied for medicine at KCL as one choice and at Barts for a second choice, would I be able to apply for courses like biochemistry/biomedical sciences for the other three choices? Also if so, could they be at the same university? Thanks in advance for the help
    Yes to both questions, but I'd be inclined to ask why you want to use less Medicine choices?

ReputationRep:
    Good question, I was actually thinking of applying for dentistry but the medicine forum gets more views so I thought I'd post there haha (sorry) but I have to stay in London and there's only two London dentistry universities, KCL and Barts so they're my only options, but I assume the choices stuff is the same for them?

ReputationRep:
    So I know Biomedical Sciences and Biochemistry are up there, but what about Biological Sciences and Chemical Engineering?

Thanks in advance for the help

ReputationRep:
    Anything you think you will enjoy studying for 3 years. Some degrees might be more suitable for dentistry but any degree is fine provided you can get a 2.1 or first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1lastchance)
    Anything you think you will enjoy studying for 3 years. Some degrees might be more suitable for dentistry but any degree is fine provided you can get a 2.1 or first.
    Ok, but won't universities see that I have a medicine/dentistry personal statement and just reject me because I'm only considering them if I don't get into medicine/dentistry? (for arguments sake imagine I sent the statement to a chem eng uni course?)

ReputationRep:
    You should always have your ps based on either dentistry or medicine, otherwise they will automatically reject you. Other degree courses which aren't so competitive won't reject you based on that alone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heartypirate)
    Ok, but won't universities see that I have a medicine/dentistry personal statement and just reject me because I'm only considering them if I don't get into medicine/dentistry? (for arguments sake imagine I sent the statement to a chem eng uni course?)
    You're right. I asked about this at an open day dentistry talk at Brum. Answer was that a med ps would result in your dentistry application going into the round filing cabinet marked bin.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.