Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Tips for you procrastinators/low motivation watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello all
    We all have those days when our motivation is low and we don't feel up to doing our course. Here is my big tip for you all.

Firstly go on youtube and find lots of other students posting vlogs on how to study and follow their advice

Secondly, once you have found lots of videos go to a website known as Keep Vid and download the video on your flash drive,
    just simply copy and paste the link provided.

Thirdly, plug the flash drive into a computer or TV with USB port and simply watch the videos every time you feeling a bit
    overwhelmed and lack motivation.

Another big tip for you students out there is to download an application that limits access to websites such as facebook, twitter, social media and set it on a timer. The app I am using for my studies is called Self Control (Mackintosh) but I am sure you can
    find a windows alternative

Another big tip for you students, is to keep your mobile away from your desk unless you use for timer, calculator, reminders etc. I find that if I put my phone downstairs charging I forget about it hours later.

If anyone else has any great tips then please share with the group

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeddyBear86)
    Hello all
    We all have those days when our motivation is low and we don't feel up to doing our course. Here is my big tip for you all.

Firstly go on youtube and find lots of other students posting vlogs on how to study and follow their advice

Secondly, once you have found lots of videos go to a website known as Keep Vid and download the video on your flash drive,
    just simply copy and paste the link provided.

Thirdly, plug the flash drive into a computer or TV with USB port and simply watch the videos every time you feeling a bit
    overwhelmed and lack motivation.

Another big tip for you students out there is to download an application that limits access to websites such as facebook, twitter, social media and set it on a timer. The app I am using for my studies is called Self Control (Mackintosh) but I am sure you can
    find a windows alternative

Another big tip for you students, is to keep your mobile away from your desk unless you use for timer, calculator, reminders etc. I find that if I put my phone downstairs charging I forget about it hours later.

If anyone else has any great tips then please share with the group
    I actually had very low motivation last year when doing my AS exams and stuggled to keep u with the rest of the people in my classes. Luckily on the 18th August I finally learnt my lesson of low motivation when I got my grades. I wouldn't say I was very dissappointed with them I just felt i could've done better in my sciency subjects.
    Luckily I went into A2 with a new attitude and I hope everyone else learns from my me. Unless you are gifted when it comes to school (9 A* grades GCSE) then you really should work hard and stop procrastination and if it means you can't be on thestudentroom. All I'm saying is try to keep on top of homework and try to do at least 1 hour a day revising from September and slowly build up.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.