The Student Room Group

What should I pick for A levels?

I plan to do (for now):
Maths
Biology
Business/ICT/Maybe something else?

I definitely will stick with maths and I'm pretty sure on Biology too but I'm stuck between Business or ICT. I didn't do ICT at GCSE's but I did computer science and got an A grade in that and a B in Business. I feel like Computer science would be really hard so I don't think I want to do that (If it's really not as hard as it was in GCSE please tell me)

At GCSE I kind of enjoyed business but I really don't like the whole "presenting" ideas and such (I'm shy lol) so I don't really want to do it. I enjoyed Computer science and I heard ICT is pretty easy so I feel I could do well there whilst enjoying it.

I don't have any career plans since I find pretty much 95% of things boring in this world when it comes to jobs but let's not go into that xD so anything is fine with me as long as you think I would enjoy it. Thanks.
Original post by Joseph72602
I plan to do (for now):
Maths
Biology
Business/ICT/Maybe something else?

I definitely will stick with maths and I'm pretty sure on Biology too but I'm stuck between Business or ICT. I didn't do ICT at GCSE's but I did computer science and got an A grade in that and a B in Business. I feel like Computer science would be really hard so I don't think I want to do that (If it's really not as hard as it was in GCSE please tell me)

At GCSE I kind of enjoyed business but I really don't like the whole "presenting" ideas and such (I'm shy lol) so I don't really want to do it. I enjoyed Computer science and I heard ICT is pretty easy so I feel I could do well there whilst enjoying it.

I don't have any career plans since I find pretty much 95% of things boring in this world when it comes to jobs but let's not go into that xD so anything is fine with me as long as you think I would enjoy it. Thanks.

Tbh not too sure on Comp Sci A-Level. Though I've heard ICT is tough in terms of coursework and independent work. Business Studies is seen as a simple to understand subject with tons of content, it's just the exams that are tough. So maybe Business Studies is a better option. However you do need to consider that Business Studies is seen as a black list subject.

That seems like a good range of subjects. I would go with ICT if you're up for independent work or Business Studies if you don't mind learning a load of content. It's a broad range of subjects, it would help when choosing a degree/career in a couple of years. :h:
Original post by undercxver
Tbh not too sure on Comp Sci A-Level. Though I've heard ICT is tough in terms of coursework and independent work. Business Studies is seen as a simple to understand subject with tons of content, it's just the exams that are tough. So maybe Business Studies is a better option. However you do need to consider that Business Studies is seen as a black list subject.

That seems like a good range of subjects. I would go with ICT if you're up for independent work or Business Studies if you don't mind learning a load of content. It's a broad range of subjects, it would help when choosing a degree/career in a couple of years. :h:

Well actually I've changed a few things. I've decided on Maths, Physics and Psychology (I've always loved psychological things so I just had to pick it) I had to change biology due to the lessons being in the same 'block' or whatever.

I can't really change what I've picked now and I'm happy with Maths and Psychology but I'm worried about Physics... It's gonna be real hard isn't it?

Quick Reply

Latest