Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So we have to pick our optional modules for our first year and that means we have 1 optional module per semester. I have been told that with my course I can choose either both of the optional modules given by the uni (Psychology of attractiveness and Classic studies) however the latter appeals to me only. I understand that I can bring in a different discipline and study a module of that (for example, Law) however I am not sure how I do this and who I would speak to. I am interested in studying the classic studies for psychology and also a Law module as i have relevant background knowledge, I find it very interesting and mainly I believe the two subjects work well together.
    How do I go about this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jedi Knight23)
    So we have to pick our optional modules for our first year and that means we have 1 optional module per semester. I have been told that with my course I can choose either both of the optional modules given by the uni (Psychology of attractiveness and Classic studies) however the latter appeals to me only. I understand that I can bring in a different discipline and study a module of that (for example, Law) however I am not sure how I do this and who I would speak to. I am interested in studying the classic studies for psychology and also a Law module as i have relevant background knowledge, I find it very interesting and mainly I believe the two subjects work well together.
    How do I go about this?
    check your uni account email, they sent out an email with instructions.
    or log into SUSSED and go to 'my student record (banner service)' click on optional modules and there you go.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.