Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah tell hI'm, relationships gotta be open

ReputationRep:
    i think you should tell him tbh. you cant act all pure around him and like your a virgin its not fair on him to lie like that. he may be okay with it you never know but im sure hed respect you more if you told him the truth than whether you said your a virgin.

ReputationRep:
    If he likes you, he'll get over it surely?
    It depends how much the lying bothers you. If you can live with keeping it a secret then go ahead, but I know I'd feel guilty in that situation.

ReputationRep:
    You clearly know that the fair thing to do is to be honest. And if he doesn't like it, or shames you for it, you can feel assured by the fact that most men don't give a tiny rat's ass about a hymen and move on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ezme39)
    If he likes you, he'll get over it surely?
    It depends how much the lying bothers you. If you can live with keeping it a secret then go ahead, but I know I'd feel guilty in that situation.
    yeah that's true..
    i just can't get myself to tell him :/
    i mean i only had sex twice.. i'm probably still half a virgin lool

i'm just scared that if i tell him, he won't be interested in me anymore

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by forever_confused)
    yeah that's true..
    i just can't get myself to tell him :/
    i mean i only had sex twice.. i'm probably still half a virgin lool

i'm just scared that if i tell him, he won't be interested in me anymore
    If he stops being interested in you, then he isn't the right guy for you.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    You're already lying this early into meeting him, who knows what kind of things you'll lie about when you're together! Be straight with him, if he stops being interested then too bad. You need to be honest in a relationship.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Tell him while it's still quite early on in your relationship! I'm sure he'll understand

ReputationRep:
    Keep schtum. No benefit whatsoever in telling the truth now.

Hide your sins. Perhaps get someone to subtly ask him if he would marry a non-virgin, if he wouldn't then perhaps you should back out.

ReputationRep:
    Tell him. It'll be much worse if he finds out some other way later on.

Everyone saying "tell him he'll understand" are clearly not muslim lol.
    If you do tell him he won't understand. Period. Most muslim guys would drop you after that bombshell.
    How do you know he's a virgin anyway? Truth is you can't. A lot of guys will say this to a girl they hope to get serious with whether they are virgins themselves or not.
    Don't get me wrong - he may well be a virgin, in which case it probably is unfair of you to lie to him. Having said that, bear in mind that if you are honest, and he judges you, he could tell and it could become gossip in the community...

ReputationRep:
    All successful relationships with the rare exception of a few are based on good communication. If you plan on pursuing this, I'd tell him. That way it's out there, you're being honest, and he can decide what to do with the information you've given him. The longer you're together, the more this secret would bother you. I'd tell him now before things pick up too much of a pace for you to feel like you can't

i lied about losing my virginity, thought it was cool. Now all my friends think that i've fuvked many gilrs. tbh i really had the chance of having sex many times but it didn't seem a right thing to do so i am still a virgin. and now many of the girls who live near me also think that i am a playboy and i always have sex so they hate me. what should i do now?

Salaams

I really do think you should let him know that you're not a virgin anymore I know it will be hard as I had to go through it myself... luckily my story was completely different to yours and I am sure the guy would understand

Hope I have helped!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 2, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.