Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am starting a course that is a 4 year programme. Therefore in theory i should receive 4 years of funding plus one gift year leading to 5 years of eligible funding in total.

However, as i have already completed two years of a different course, which i had to leave due to illness, i will be entering my new course in year 2.

I only need 3 years funding therefore, so my question is whether the fact that i am starting in year 2 will cut my funding from 3 years left to 2 or is it still treated as a 4 year course?

Many thanks to anyone who can help me with this.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pepsidave)
    Hi,

I am starting a course that is a 4 year programme. Therefore in theory i should receive 4 years of funding plus one gift year leading to 5 years of eligible funding in total.

However, as i have already completed two years of a different course, which i had to leave due to illness, i will be entering my new course in year 2.

I only need 3 years funding therefore, so my question is whether the fact that i am starting in year 2 will cut my funding from 3 years left to 2 or is it still treated as a 4 year course?

Many thanks to anyone who can help me with this.
    The length of the course will depend on what the university tells student finance - if you're going into year 2 then say that in your application - if you've done 2 years and are switching to the 2nd year of a new course then that should just count as using your gift year up so your remaining years will be funded.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi there.

We would deduct the years of previous study from your entitlement, so for a 4 year course with 2 years of previous study, you will have 3 years of funding left.

We always award the funding in the final years, so for you this would be years 2, 3 and 4.

Thanks.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.