Turn on thread page Beta

Adam & Eve (Breeding) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eubacterium)
    Well you obviously haven't gotten the message that the "joke" isn't funny but actually quite offensive and in bad taste.

I spent a year in Wales and really didn't like it. It never occurred to me to refer to the place as being incestuous. You're entitled to your own opinion but posting something like this in a public forum will cause offensive. Your sense of humour is obviously quite sick and if you insist on posting such things, there are going to be people who will retaliate.
    Wow, looks like I might have hit a nerve...

Norfolk has a very tight gene pool, and traditionally has had a larger than average amount of incest.

I live in Norfolk, I like Norfolk, it's a great county.

There's a reason norfolk doctors used to write 'NFN' on some people's medical records.

ReputationRep:
    Well you obviously haven't gotten the message that the "joke" isn't funny but actually quite offensive and in bad taste.

I spent a year in Wales and really didn't like it. It never occurred to me to refer to the place as being incestuous. You're entitled to your own opinion but posting something like this in a public forum will cause offensive. Your sense of humour is obviously quite sick and if you insist on posting such things, there are going to be people who will retaliate.
    Norfolk being an a incestuous place is just a common stereotype made in jest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    But what about their kids? Surely having the same mum and dad is going to make them pretty similar genetically?

Especially when mum is made out of dad...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thereal da_nolo)
    OO! OO! I want to take a guess at this one science people! (no not scientologist) On with my answer....its a biology one...
    Like I was saying, the human body is created, puttogether...I don't know....we have a bunch of microscopic things called cells...these cells have two sources of DNA...one is in the nucleus which carries genes of both mother and father, but there is another which holds unchanged DNA from the mother. so the lineage could be traced through that part of the cell through all the mothers...ultamitely unchanged. so many people could create the thought of "we are from the same old lady from Africa. right science guys?!

can't remember that one part of the cell though....lysosome??
    And the nobel prize for medicine goes to...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robob)
    Wow, looks like I might have hit a nerve...

Norfolk has a very tight gene pool, and traditionally has had a larger than average amount of incest.

I live in Norfolk, I like Norfolk, it's a great county.

There's a reason norfolk doctors used to write 'NFN' on some people's medical records.
    where exactly is Norfolk? There is a small similar place in Italy (I think...if not then its somewhere in the Alps) supposedly they all have the same last name too. incredibly isolated...practicaly...kind of......
    well thats the story.

And the nobel prize for medicine goes to...
    :bumps: :lolz:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gars de baccalaureats)
    Are we all related?
    I sincerely hope NOT!! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Dave!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dave)
    I sincerely hope NOT!! :p:
    lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Libertin du Nord)
    Haha, you've shagged your family members; likely while shouting 'ooh aar' at the vital moment.
    (Original post by Robob)
    ooh aar is more west country than norfolk...

But I concur
    You're both sick in the head. I've reported both posts.

ReputationRep:
    Well congratulations.

But seriously, it's just a stereotype that people jokingly make. If you can't take that, then you must be a very dull person to be around.

ReputationRep:
    Dear Lord, what are you, 12 years old?

Baaa... :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soc)
    Dave!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Libertin du Nord)
    Dear Lord, what are you, 12 years old?

Baaa... :p:
    Maybe retarded?

Happens with inbreds apparently...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robob)
    Maybe retarded?

Happens with inbreds apparently...
    ouch!

funny though

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.