Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    I did my UKCAT and obtained an average of 600. I meet the other academic requirements necessary to apply for medicine. Is the UKCAT score bad? And will it mean that there are some universities that I should not apply to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherry555)
    Hi guys,
    I did my UKCAT and obtained an average of 600. I meet the other academic requirements necessary to apply for medicine. Is the UKCAT score bad? And will it mean that there are some universities that I should not apply to?
    It is a bit on the low side. I would advise you not to apply to UKCAT heavy uni's and apply instead to universities that don't look into the UKCAT too much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherry555)
    Hi guys,
    The average score is around 630, but do not worry! The UKCAT is only one component with it forming anywhere between 4 - 30% of the overall admissions process. Avoid universities that seem to be dating the UKCAT, like Newcastle. Otherwise, apply to your strengths (which presumably are your grades) and you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cookiemonster15)
    It is a bit on the low side. I would advise you not to apply to UKCAT heavy uni's and apply instead to universities that don't look into the UKCAT too much.
    Thanks for the advice )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alanaro)
    The average score is around 630, but do not worry! The UKCAT is only one component with it forming anywhere between 4 - 30% of the overall admissions process. Avoid universities that seem to be dating the UKCAT, like Newcastle. Otherwise, apply to your strengths (which presumably are your grades) and you'll be fine
    Thanks for the advice I'm hoping to do the BMAT also and so hopefully my options won't be too limited.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.