Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does this sound like the guy might be interested? watch

I have recently met a guy through a friend.. I have met him a few times and we've been talking online. He seems lovely and I really like him. Apparently my friend asked him what he thought of me and he said I've got 'everything going for me' and that he really means it.

Does that sound like he might be interested as more than just friends? It's a really nice compliment, but not sure if it's just being friendly or noT?

ReputationRep:
    Awww, that's so sweet! He probably likes you

ReputationRep:
    why you asking us what you should ask him?

Yeah it is a really sweet compliment I just wanted to see what people generally thought first before asking him

ReputationRep:
    If its LDR don't do it, not worth it.

ReputationRep:
    He probably likes you
    Just a tip instead of talking to him online see if you can go out with him one time and test the waters sometimes people and situations are different in real life a posed to online. You might find that the connection between the too of you is not as you thought.
    You may get on better have a more flowing conversation......
    Good luck 🙃

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you actually seeing him tomorrow, pretty nervous, will see how it goes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    thank you actually seeing him tomorrow, pretty nervous, will see how it goes

Sure it will be fine just try and calm your nerves keep us updated 👍🏾
    Good luck 🙃

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ckfeister)
    If its LDR don't do it, not worth it.
    I've been in an LDR for three years now (Canada-UK) and it's going very well. As long as you have an end game (like one moving to the other at least semi-permanently) and are trustworthy people it'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geolowiser)
    I've been in an LDR for three years now (Canada-UK) and it's going very well. As long as you have an end game (like one moving to the other at least semi-permanently) and are trustworthy people it'll be fine.
    Ohhh wow mega points for you
    Are in Canada or uk
    If Canada what part i Soo wanna move there when I'm older especially Toronto for the views pun intended 😂😂😂 no but really or even Atlanta which I know is in America

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have recently met a guy through a friend.. I have met him a few times and we've been talking online. He seems lovely and I really like him. Apparently my friend asked him what he thought of me and he said I've got 'everything going for me' and that he really means it.

Does that sound like he might be interested as more than just friends? It's a really nice compliment, but not sure if it's just being friendly or noT?
    Actions speak louder than words. Has he asked you out? Does he make an effort to keep the conversation going? How does he behave when you meet in person? Is he flirty all the time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mas0n)
    Ohhh wow mega points for you
    Are in Canada or uk
    If Canada what part i Soo wanna move there when I'm older especially Toronto for the views pun intended 😂😂😂 no but really or even Atlanta which I know is in America

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I live in London, moving out to Toronto this time next year!

ReputationRep:
    I live in London, moving out to Toronto this time next year!
    Sooo lucky if your still using tsr update me about how you like it over there.😱😀

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mas0n)
    Sooo lucky if your still using tsr update me about how you like it over there.😱😀
    Good luck with everything

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mas0n)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Will do if I remember! Hahaha it isn't luck, it's two degrees a 3 year stint in the Middle East and a lot of visa research I've had to "reorganise" my taxes and registered addresses just to be eligible.

It's tough to go across for more than two years, there is a working holiday visa you can get but that limits both the industries you can work in and also is of course limited to two years.

There are other ways to get in but you have to be in the right industry, it isn't like the EU at the moment when if you wanted to work as a teacher you can almost walk into a job no visa required.

ReputationRep:
    Will do if I remember! Hahaha it isn't luck, it's two degrees a 3 year stint in the Middle East and a lot of visa research I've had to "reorganise" my taxes and registered addresses just to be eligible.

It's tough to go across for more than two years, there is a working holiday visa you can get but that limits both the industries you can work in and also is of course limited to two years.

There are other ways to get in but you have to be in the right industry, it isn't like the EU at the moment when if you wanted to work as a teacher you can almost walk into a job no visa required.
    Cool thanks for that
    As I say hard work pays off 👍🏾

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 2, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.