Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It's so tedious and mind numbing

ReputationRep:
    I told myself that it's important for my career and that there wasn't long left.
    Also, as I revised I felt pleased when I understood something new which I didn't grasp before, whatever it was about

ReputationRep:
    I just tried not to cry.....I am now doing it at A-level!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Be rational and get real

ReputationRep:
    My teacher was a muppet of the highest degree, so I did well to spite him.

ReputationRep:
    are you american?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by candymonster)
    maths is not difficult at GCSE level, I think it's too easy imo as you only need about 35% to get a C grade and around 50-55% to get a B in the higher paper

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry maths is like a b c's if you're able to understand it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm not even sure. Somehow, I managed an A?? Like, I don't even know all my times tables!! and I did it this year with the ridiculously high grade boundaries! I guess I slacked off a bit until it was time to actually revise, then I went through loads of past papers and made sure I knew everything

ReputationRep:
    Look, first of all, I just want to say that my intention is not to boast, or say that I'm clever because I REALLY am not

I just finished year 11, January, this year in Maths and a lot of my other subjects, I was at a grade D, I started doing past papers, I won't even know what was going on, I was so confused, I just wanted to pass, so I went on YouTube and I searched specific topics from my revision guide, and watched videos on them, then I did loads of practice questions regarding them, I did this for about 3 odd months, and then when I'd covered everything I just bashed out past papers, I did as many as I could, once I'd done all of them, I did 'em again.....

Long story short, this way I got myself from a grade D to a grade A*, I got my results on the 25th and I did indeed get that A*, what I'm trying to say to you is that it is possible to do good in a subject which you'd never IMAGINE doing good at, I DO NOT recommend you to leave it till the last few months like I did, start from today, bit by bit, you'll get there eventually, yes, you will sometimes not understand questions, but that's just part of the struggle, stay at it and you shall achieve

btw, here's a link to download "Maths Watch", it has videos n every topic, it immensely helped me! It is a big file so may take a lil' bit of time to download: HERE

Good Luck

ReputationRep:
    maths was really easy for me...
    I really enjoyed maths and was always good at maths even at primary, but when my primary become an academy they used this really retarded form of maths, they made a C4 documentary about it, It was great for smarter kids and helped with the jump to KS3, but it was pretty horrible for the kids that different get maths. My mum also grilled maths into me young, or made sure i understood as much as she did. By the time i did maths GCSE at year 10,nothing was really hard apart from circle theorem which i would just forget, revised it before the exam and got A*.

IGCSE is a ****ing joke, when i did it it was 60% to get an A, was really hard to get A* but dead easy to get A. You could even use a calculator for think both exams. I really didnt try at IGCSE, but got an A anyways or A* can't remember exactly.I really think ppl should do IGCSE over GCSE maths, since IGCSE seemed a lot easier to me, though it took more prep and we have to ''learn'' more.

A-level maths made me almost kill myself ... as my maths teacher said, when i told him i got A* at GCSE maths, ''GCSE maths is a walk in the park to A-level maths'' and never has a teacher been more right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by epage)
    I'm not even sure. Somehow, I managed an A?? Like, I don't even know all my times tables!! and I did it this year with the ridiculously high grade boundaries! I guess I slacked off a bit until it was time to actually revise, then I went through loads of past papers and made sure I knew everything
    I've always hated it too and got an A this year as well
    I wanted to do well (btw I was always rubbish at it) so worked hard but I thought non calc (normally find this paper easier) was harder and I felt like I'd let down my maths teacher who really believed in me as I felt I couldn't possibly even get a B- I was so happy on results day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamza772000)
    Look, first of all, I just want to say that my intention is not to boast, or say that I'm clever because I REALLY am not

I just finished year 11, January, this year in Maths and a lot of my other subjects, I was at a grade D, I started doing past papers, I won't even know what was going on, I was so confused, I just wanted to pass, so I went on YouTube and I searched specific topics from my revision guide, and watched videos on them, then I did loads of practice questions regarding them, I did this for about 3 odd months, and then when I'd covered everything I just bashed out past papers, I did as many as I could, once I'd done all of them, I did 'em again.....

Long story short, this way I got myself from a grade D to a grade A*, I got my results on the 25th and I did indeed get that A*, what I'm trying to say to you is that it is possible to do good in a subject which you'd never IMAGINE doing good at, I DO NOT recommend you to leave it till the last few months like I did, start from today, bit by bit, you'll get there eventually, yes, you will sometimes not understand questions, but that's just part of the struggle, stay at it and you shall achieve

btw, here's a link to download "Maths Watch", it has videos n every topic, it immensely helped me! It is a big file so may take a lil' bit of time to download: HERE

Good Luck
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Thank you
    You're welcome
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    it was a stroll in the park, so i thought i'll take it for a levels...BIG MISTAKE, that moment when there's no other a levels you like :cry:

ReputationRep:
    You just don't you just let lessons fly by. Looool

ReputationRep:
    I actually quiet enjoyed Maths at GCSE.
    I got a B for it which is what I was aiming for. I was soo happy.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.