Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Im really stressed can someone help me out?!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm sixteeen and just starting A levels...My life goal has always been to want to become a doctor, but from what I've been looking up , my gcse grades aren't good enough..I'll post my graes below but i need someone with experience to actually tell me whether I can get into medicine and what universities are most likely to take me. Please bear in mind I'll work extremely hard at ALevels and hopefully get AAA

My gcse grades:
    English Language B
    English Litreture B
    Maths A
    Science core A
    Science additional A
    History A
    French A
    Food technology B
    Art B

ReputationRep:
    nah, do a different degree then apply for postgrad medicine

ReputationRep:
    Your GCSE's aren't terrible. They won't stop you doing medicine.

As long as you get AAA at A2, you shouldn't have a problem with those GCSE's, as long as you apply to your strengths and apply to uni's which aren't GCSE heavy.

People with worse have gotten in so don't worry. Just concentrate on your A-levels now and making the rest of your application a success

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    nah, do a different degree then apply for postgrad medicine
    You can ignore that, you're not quite their yet. :P Grad med should be as a last resort

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vixxleo)
    I'm sixteeen and just starting A levels...My life goal has always been to want to become a doctor, but from what I've been looking up , my gcse grades aren't good enough..I'll post my graes below but i need someone with experience to actually tell me whether I can get into medicine and what universities are most likely to take me. Please bear in mind I'll work extremely hard at ALevels and hopefully get AAA

My gcse grades:
    English Language B
    English Litreture B
    Maths A
    Science core A
    Science additional A
    History A
    French A
    Food technology B
    Art B
    I think your GCSEs are fine for medicine. You may have extra tests to do- UKCAT and the BMAT- but this depends on the Unis that you will be applying for next year. You also need to do well at the interview stage.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.