Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This morning on the way to work a police car had its sirens on and all cars were pulling over to let it go through so I saw this as an oppourtunity and went through with it skipping all traffic, well the feds actually arrested me for this (yeah had time for all this despite the big emergency) I got put in an alternative car and taken to the station and I am currently on bail til the 9th.. Wtf does bail really mean anyway? And what will happen on the 9th? Will I be sentenced?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    wait so your in a police station right now? bail is when someone gives money to let you out(its not a bribe, its legal).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Compton Menace)
    This morning on the way to work a police car had its sirens on and all cars were pulling over to let it go through so I saw this as an oppourtunity and went through with it skipping all traffic, well the feds actually arrested me for this (yeah had time for all this despite the big emergency) I got put in an alternative car and taken to the station and I am currently on bail til the 9th.. Wtf does bail really mean anyway? And what will happen on the 9th? Will I be sentenced?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    wtf :/, all you did was cross the road ffs
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by PHD2027)
    wait so your in a police station right now? bail is when someone gives money to let you out(its not a bribe, its legal).
    Lol gotta be a die hard TSR fanatic to be using TSR in a police station

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Lol gotta be a die hard TSR fanatic to be using TSR in a police station
    I would probably be like "Just got arrested AMA"

ReputationRep:
    You should be arrested for using the word feds.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone studying law and thinks this guy is using TSR in a police station should ....

For a minor crime like this, you'd be released on bail and asked to return on whatever date.

Bail means you're awaiting a hearing. On the 9th, you'll attend court in your suit and tie. You'll be asked by the judge how you plead and depending how you plead

sorry i cba to finish this

ReputationRep:
    You say you are on bail but this does not mean that money was paid, it depends on where you are. If you were bailed to return to a police station in England then you just go back at the set time. You might be investigated further or you might be released. You might end up in magistrates' court, or not. It's a good idea to take photo ID with you, so that you can quickly prove who you are and save a bit of time.

Your attitude sucks. The police got you because you were being a ****. Their big emergency might have been cancelled, another patrol ccould have got there first and said nobody else was needed, who knows. You got caught for driving like an idiot, so suck it up.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.