Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is it better to do a course with a larger number of modules (8 per year) or a lower number (3/4) per year?

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't make a difference. The more modules the less content per module.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TraineeBMS)
    Doesn't make a difference. The more modules the less content per module.
    Really?

I thought maybe it is better to have more modules so you can study a wider range of topics rather than being limited to 3 per year... plus how would you extend three modules for a whole year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13051997)
    Really?

I thought maybe it is better to have more modules so you can study a wider range of topics rather than being limited to 3 per year... plus how would you extend three modules for a whole year?
    By covering more in-depth content within that year rather than spreading it over 2-3 years.

ReputationRep:
    really gonna depend on the specific course

ReputationRep:
    By covering more in-depth content within that year rather than spreading it over 2-3 years.
    What you recommend then? Not really sure what would be best (studying Biology btw)

ReputationRep:
    What you recommend then? Not really sure what would be best (studying Biology btw)
    I really wouldn't worry yourself with it.

ReputationRep:
    I really wouldn't worry yourself with it.
    are you sure?

ReputationRep:
    are you sure?
    Yes it really doesn't make a difference. What are you wanting to go into after your degree?

ReputationRep:
    Yes it really doesn't make a difference. What are you wanting to go into after your degree?
    Not really sure atm

ReputationRep:
    I think that's more of an issue than how many modules you have.

ReputationRep:
    I think that's more of an issue than how many modules you have.
    So it would be better to do more modules?

Atm looking at Cardiff University (love the city), which in first year is 6 (20 credit) modules, second year 3 (40 credit) modules and then final year 4 (30 credit) modules OR Southampton Uni (not so keen on the city) which offers 8 modules per year (15 credits each)

ReputationRep:
    More credit means more content or it's harder in some other way. They're all the same.

ReputationRep:
    I'm kinda concerned about it though, are you sure it would be pretty similar?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexion)
    really gonna depend on the specific course
    I'm doing biology? what would you suggest...more modules with less credit or less modules but more in-depth?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.