Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'll be moving onto A2 Economics in a weeks time and it would be very helpful if anyone has some tips to be able to get through this year and hopefully achieve an A. I'll be extremely pleased if anyone has some good notes on either AS or A2 economics that I can refer to throughout the year.

All help is very much appreciated and thank you.

ReputationRep:
    What exam board are you doing?

A level is all about how you write in the exams, just look at the mark schemes and you will be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by banana5)
    What exam board are you doing?

A level is all about how you write in the exams, just look at the mark schemes and you will be fine.
    AQA, I generally look through the specification therefore my knowledge is fairly well however my evaluation and essays aren't as good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TBoy11)
    AQA, I generally look through the specification therefore my knowledge is fairly well however my evaluation and essays aren't as good
    I did Edexcel myself.

You can easily work on improving that.
    http://www.economicshelp.org/ - Used this a fair bit, helped with the content and with thinking of good evaluation points.

http://www.tutor2u.net/economics - Never really used the website myself, but went to a conference and that was really good. Have a look and see if you can sign up for them.

Best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    I did Edexcel myself.

You can easily work on improving that.
    http://www.economicshelp.org/ - Used this a fair bit, helped with the content and with thinking of good evaluation points.

http://www.tutor2u.net/economics - Never really used the website myself, but went to a conference and that was really good. Have a look and see if you can sign up for them.

Best of luck.
    Hi,
    How was economics ? How did you find it ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    Hi,
    How was economics ? How did you find it ?
    Hi,

It was good, currently studying Economics at uni haha.

I found it fun, links to my future career quite well, I want to be an Investment Banker.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

It was good, currently studying Economics at uni haha.

I found it fun, links to my future career quite well, I want to be an Investment Banker.
    Oh ok wow
    What did you get in your alevels ?

ReputationRep:
    Oh ok wow
    What did you get in your alevels ?
    Maths A*
    Economics A
    Physics A

Are you just starting A-level Economics then?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I did the whole AQA economics A-level this year and got an A.

- The mark schemes are really helpful for structuring essays and answering the 10 and 15 mark questions and they give you a good idea of what counts as analysis/evaluation.

- For A2 macro, I memorised loads of (current) figures for the UK (things like growth, exchange rate, inflation ect.) You can just slot them into the end of your paragraphs when it's relevant and you're pretty much guaranteed to improve your analysis/evaluation!

- You've probably be told this but make a plan beforehand when answering the 25 mark questions, so write down bullet points of arguments you are going to make as well as evaluation points when you think of them.

ReputationRep:
    Maths A*
    Economics A
    Physics A

Are you just starting A-level Economics then?
    Oh wow !! That's amazing !
    Yep and i'm very nervous about it. Do you think there is a lot to memorize ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TBoy11)
    I'll be moving onto A2 Economics in a weeks time and it would be very helpful if anyone has some tips to be able to get through this year and hopefully achieve an A. I'll be extremely pleased if anyone has some good notes on either AS or A2 economics that I can refer to throughout the year.

All help is very much appreciated and thank you.
    You NEED a TEXTBOOK, PAST PAPERS, and COLORED PENS (for revision) to get an A

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    One Idea I'm thinking for Economics is using a small whiteboard and drawing Economic graphs over and over again until it sticks in my memory. I don't know if it'll work :/
    I believe you have to be efficient with the economic terms.

ReputationRep:
    Quite a bit to memorize. But was easier than Maths and Physics haha.

If you just get into a good route of keeping up with content, you will be fine. The main thing that differs an A to a B student is the evaluation in the essay questions.

What other A-levels are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    Quite a bit to memorize. But was easier than Maths and Physics haha.

If you just get into a good route of keeping up with content, you will be fine. The main thing that differs an A to a B student is the evaluation in the essay questions.

What other A-levels are you doing?
    I see Thank you
    Biology,chemistry and maths

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.