Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Learning/Improving Arabic...struggle watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    ive been tryin to improve my arabic but don't know how...i came to England when I was 3 years old and although I am arabic I cant read that well (im VERY slow), can't write, i can speak but not very well...what do i do? it really upsets me...any arabs there which can give me some advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littlemisshala)
    ive been tryin to improve my arabic but don't know how...i came to England when I was 3 years old and although I am arabic I cant read that well (im VERY slow), can't write, i can speak but not very well...what do i do? it really upsets me...any arabs there which can give me some advice?
    haha just laugh, i was born in cyprus, and am sort of in the same situation as you, my parents even tried to bring an arabic teacher we used to hide from and play jokes on
    last time i checked i could do year 1 work!
    give up its impossible. unless you practice, practice and practice! or go to your homeland for a couple of months durin the summer etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littlemisshala)
    What age are you..are you at GCSE standard or A Level? Because at uni my sister said that there is a "Face to face" scheme where you can meet other Arabs and have face to face conversations etc. in your free time - you pick it up.
    It may help if you listen to Arabic music/watch the news in Arabic...ART, Al Jazeera etc...(My sister tries it this way )Try and speak it more with your parents etc, they will naturally encourage you.
    Try surfing the net - there should be some sites that can teach you how to learn Arabic etc.
    That's about all I can come up with

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.