Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

She all ways competing to me to other people once I was telling her what do you think of my singing and she said it all right but your friend is amazing she has the nactu talent of singing I was like o right thanks mum. Then the other day she said your friend going to your collage I said yes then she said what level I said three then she said o she clever then you then it get on my nerves so bad I try. My best to work hard and stuff but I find learning hard cuz of my learning disabilities

ReputationRep:
    Tell her to stop wishing for the daughter she did have and start appreciating the daughter she already has

(Original post by Pinkberry_y)
    Tell her to stop wishing for the daughter she did have and start appreciating the daughter she already has
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    a lot of parents tend to do this. just put up with it until you become an adult and then disown her.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    She all ways competing to me to other people once I was telling her what do you think of my singing and she said it all right but your friend is amazing she has the nactu talent of singing I was like o right thanks mum. Then the other day she said your friend going to your collage I said yes then she said what level I said three then she said o she clever then you then it get on my nerves so bad I try. My best to work hard and stuff but I find learning hard cuz of my learning disabilities
    I think a lot of parents are like this. I think they just want you to be the best that you can be and to fulfill all of your potential and bringing up your friends' successes is an easy to try and get the thought going. Don't take it personally! Next time she does it, just explain that it makes you feel bad and ask her to try and support you in another way. Keep doing you! Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Compare her to other mothers who are rich etc.
    WATCH HER BUUUURRRRRNNNNNNN

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ICEN_Prophet)
    Compare her to other mothers who are rich etc.
    WATCH HER BUUUURRRRRNNNNNNN
    :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hey, I feel for you I really do and I do get it but you need to be stronger k? I know it sounds hard and scary but you need to stick up for yourself. There will always be someone better but... what I would do personally is either:

1. Completely BLANK (ignore) her
    2. Tell her to shut up
    3. Compare her to any other good mother who loves their child, motivates and uplifts them rather than bring them down...

Sorry if I came off too strong, just trying to help...

Actually you know what if you need anything message me and I'll try and help you out.

P.S. I'm kinda new to this whole TSR thing so just reply to this saying you need help and I'll try and DM you or give you my number or something...

Kolia

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 5, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.