Turn on thread page Beta

Law or Politics watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Which should I do?

I can't decide. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Which would you enjoy more?

It'd be easier to get into a good Uni to study politics, and you can still do law afterwards if you wanted, but you'd get there quicker doing law.

ReputationRep:
    That's the problem not sure which I'd enjoy more - I like both.

I'm in Scotland you see and there's not that many Uni's lol. Which has the best career prospects?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Franz Ferdinand)
    That's the problem not sure which I'd enjoy more - I like both.

I'm in Scotland you see and there's not that many Uni's lol. Which has the best career prospects?
    Probably law if you can do it at a good Uni. Some Unis you can do a joint honours in them both.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frances)
    Probably law if you can do it at a good Uni. Some Unis you can do a joint honours in them both.
    Well, I'm considering Aberdeen - it's 13th in the Times League tables - is that good?

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm considering Aberdeen - it's 13th in the Times League tables - is that good?
    Aberdeen is good I think, perhaps not as well known as some of the other scottish unis, but certainly respectable- I would have applied there myself if it wasn't for the distance.

This might be useful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frances)
    Aberdeen is good I think, perhaps not as well known as some of the other scottish unis, but certainly respectable- I would have applied there myself if it wasn't for the distance.

This might be useful

Thanks for the help - do you have msn mate? Just so I can ask a few more Q's

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the help - do you have msn mate? Just so I can ask a few more Q's
    No proble

ReputationRep:
    i prefer law ,because lawuers earn more!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 旗人天相)
    i prefer law ,because lawuers earn more!
    Not completely true. Then again would you rather be a law lord or in the Cabinet? Top judge in the country or prime minister?

ReputationRep:
    i just got my pols degree at 2.1, but unless u guys wanna do phds in specifics (to say work for UN.UNESCO-need languages)what u gonna do with ur degree?

pissed my loan up the wall, gonna get another one now from a diff uni to apply for either medicine or law..me dont care..gonna be paying it off neways?
    im applying for gamsat and CPE for next year, funny really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beatnik)
    i just got my pols degree at 2.1, but unless u guys wanna do phds in specifics (to say work for UN.UNESCO-need languages)what u gonna do with ur degree?

pissed my loan up the wall, gonna get another one now from a diff uni to apply for either medicine or law..me dont care..gonna be paying it off neways?
    im applying for gamsat and CPE for next year, funny really.
    Access, GAMSAT AND CPE - ouch!!!

ReputationRep:
    i dont think i need access, i have 2 alevels already in chem and physics-, (and a third in law)- depsite being 2 E'S (for excellent?????); was a young immature 18 yr old wasted in my exams, thought i was keith richards, nothing to be proud of.

if i pass gamsat im not gonna tell interviewers that though, despite it being the truth!

in my life now i gotta do good for the sake of the world and my super human powers!

just figured i wud need to learn the work from all my old text books...?
    does that sound a bit ill fated to you? or anyone?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.