The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DicksOut4Haraam
it's ridiculously common for Arabs to hate south Asians and Africans but love White people

nope generally racists look down on everyone but their own race....people in the middle-east do not view 'white' people as 'white' people. Middle-easterners call them westerners or europeans or English. No matter where you come from in europe middle-eastern people will call you English.
Original post by CookieButter
The majority of Asians I come across fantasise about the idea of getting married to one and feel immensely proud by it.

If you fantasize arabs then you don't have to justify that to us. Just go for it man. But make sure you come back to share your story with us :smile:
Original post by candymonster
Arabs are technically white, Asians are not.

sorry to point this out but recent genome studies appear to show that South Asians are descendants of two major ancestral components, one component restricted to South Asia and the other component shared with Central Asia, West Asia and Europe so some asians are technically white as well. :smile:
Arabs and South Asians look similar, that's hilarious. You must be blind.

umm i dont think @slade p meant the whole of south asia here, only some of them and that geneticaly and physically is true. if you don't believe me search up some pictures and you will see the similarity. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
LOL, you do realize that a burqa covers the whole face?

not all burqas
Original post by Anonymous
Actually the Middle East spans from North Africa to West Asia. Therefore arabs can be either african or asian.

i think span is slightly exaggerating as 90% of middle east is in asia and just ONE other country in north africa
it is soothing for me to hear that non-white racism exists, like my people aren't the only ones to blame for it
Original post by Mistletoe
it is soothing for me to hear that non-white racism exists, like my people aren't the only ones to blame for it

Racism is a disease prevalent in ignorant, sometimes barbaric cultures that are rife with bitterness and hate. Cultures that suffer from great inferiority complexes...feel comforted by the fact that 'your people' are not the only ones that fit this description.
(edited 7 years ago)
If you fantasize arabs then you don't have to justify that to us. Just go for it man. But make sure you come back to share your story with us :smile:

Sorry, I 'm south asian, and I don't.

I have yet to come across an arab who isn't a self-absorbed, unintelligent, rich kid who thinks he can buy the world with his single digit ferrari.

And I have come across a LOT of arabs. I used to live in UAE. Just shows. So, excuse me for generalising, but no arab has ever given me any reason to like them. They used to pick on South Asians for doing well.

Spoiler

Sorry man, I accidentally quoted you. I meant the other person who said "SA fantasise about arabs"
Reply 170
Original post by karishma behera
sorry to point this out but recent genome studies appear to show that South Asians are descendants of two major ancestral components, one component restricted to South Asia and the other component shared with Central Asia, West Asia and Europe so some asians are technically white as well. :smile:

South Asians originally descended from Australoids and Caucasoids. If you've ever seen picture of a half-aboriginal half-white Australian, they look very similar to South Asians. Pakistanis are definitely closer to Persian,
Arabs because majestic.
Asians because kawaii desu ne~
Eerrr no its not the norm.

I have never come across an Asian that looks down on Arabs. The majority of Asians I come across fantasise about the idea of getting married to one and feel immensely proud by it. Like they show them off to their friends. In Arab culture however there is a strong racism towards Asians. I've seen Asians being assaulted just for being Asian in the middle-east. In some countries in the middle-east Arab families only hire asians, europeans and africans as servants and refuse to hire arabs for this role as that is considered a demeaning role.....

I constantly hear of Asians being killed in the middle-east in racist attacks too...one recent incident involved a saudi driver who ran over and killed a pakistani migrant because he didn't want to break harshly and ruin his new tires.....

you cannot compare the two my friend.

koreans
Original post by TastyPinkHair
koreans

what about Koreans?
Sorry, I 'm south asian, and I don't.

I have yet to come across an arab who isn't a self-absorbed, unintelligent, rich kid who thinks he can buy the world with his single digit ferrari.

And I have come across a LOT of arabs.

The only arab country I have a little respect for is Iran. Iranis have been pretty nice, and they have an air of dignity around them, which I like.

'Iranis' are not Arabs my 'expert' in Arabs friend. 'Iranis' are Persian.
Not arab i'm half middle easter but for what it's worth from my own experience and my friends, middle eastern guys don't have a problem with asian girls in the slightest. It kind of depends if the guy is traditional or westernized, but again, from what i've seen, my friends are all dating from different backgrounds. A good friend of mine just got married to a Korean girl. Another i believe is dating an indian girl.
Original post by Taran001
I feel as if I need to point this out
Afghanistan, Iran, Pakistan, India are NOT Arabs
UN stated that these 4 countries are all part of South Asia
There is slight confusion on whether Iran is in South Asian or the Middle East
In my opinion it should be considered in South Asia

lol'd hard at this, not a chance Iran is South Asian. Way before Iran the Persian empire dominated the lands of the Middle East, which is why it is par of the Middle East, not South Asia. There is absolutely no roots tying Iran to that of South Asian culture.
'Iranis' are not Arabs my 'expert' in Arabs friend. 'Iranis' are Persian.

Yeah, I know. Sorry, I meant to say Middle-eastern. Iranis are obviously not arabs since they don't speak arabic, they speak farsi.
Original post by Xerxes10
lol'd hard at this, not a chance Iran is South Asian. Way before Iran the Persian empire dominated the lands of the Middle East, which is why it is par of the Middle East, not South Asia. There is absolutely no roots tying Iran to that of South Asian culture.

I've never heard this before. All the iranis I've met consider themselves middle eastern
There doesnt even seem to be a reason for the arab maltreatment of Indians, they just do it cause they can. Pure modern day slavery what is occurring in their construction trade.

Latest

Trending

Trending