Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

School stars for me on Wednesday 7th and its my final year. Im head girl and have lots of pressure on me. I also have bad anxiety and mild depression and I can already feel even the though of school being too much

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i feel you, however try not to put so much pressure on yourself no matter what people say and try to enjoy yourself it will make a big difference when you're being positive. I'm sure you will be fine. When you're feeling really down talking to people should also help, don't lock yourself up.

ReputationRep:
    Can you identify specifically where the pressure is coming from? Head girl duties, UCAS applications, etc? Or can you not put your finger on it.

ReputationRep:
    If you have a school counsellor it would be an idea to see them

(Original post by ChrisD0)
    Can you identify specifically where the pressure is coming from? Head girl duties, UCAS applications, etc? Or can you not put your finger on it.
    I've always been anxious but i think it's just every thing I have ahead of me. Primarily exams and uni as I want to go to drama school so have to audition and I just feel like everything is getting on top of me. Also at our school we have to do 4 alevels and an extra qualification (I'm doing an EPQ) and because I suffer from dyslexia and Irelens everything is just so much harder and now I'm venting oh gosh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've always been anxious but i think it's just every thing I have ahead of me. Primarily exams and uni as I want to go to drama school so have to audition and I just feel like everything is getting on top of me. Also at our school we have to do 4 alevels and an extra qualification (I'm doing an EPQ) and because I suffer from dyslexia and Irelens everything is just so much harder and now I'm venting oh gosh
    Sorry for the delayed reply, I've been off TSR for a while due to some problems I've been having.
    My advice probably won't help you in any way, but don't let yourself get discouraged or overwhelmed. What I find is that having confidence in yourself is a huge bonus in all endeavours. It's difficult, but it works. I wish you the best of luck.
    If you don't mind me asking, what are dyslexia and irelens?

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by ChrisD0)
    Sorry for the delayed reply, I've been off TSR for a while due to some problems I've been having.
    My advice probably won't help you in any way, but don't let yourself get discouraged or overwhelmed. What I find is that having confidence in yourself is a huge bonus in all endeavours. It's difficult, but it works. I wish you the best of luck.
    If you don't mind me asking, what are dyslexia and irelens?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you, I'll try to ☺️ dyslexia is a learning difficulty where I find trouble spelling, reading, concentrating and forming sentences when I write and Irlens is where I find it difficult to read when it's black text on white paper because the words move around and the white becomes too bright, so I have green lenses in my glasses and green paper which help me. ☺️

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thank you, I'll try to ☺️ dyslexia is a learning difficulty where I find trouble spelling, reading, concentrating and forming sentences when I write and Irlens is where I find it difficult to read when it's black text on white paper because the words move around and the white becomes too bright, so I have green lenses in my glasses and green paper which help me. ☺️
    Oh, I'm really sorry to hear about your difficulties
    What is your approach to them? I really hope you don't allow them to get you down or lower your ambitions.
    Please keep your head up, and don't let anxiety get the better of you. Keep rocking!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 6, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.