Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Muslim guys - would you have an interracial marriage? Watch

...if the girl was also muslim?
    Also, would your parents allow it?
    (please state your ethnicity when replying too)

The only city in the UK with a major community of people of my ethnicity is London, which I don't live anywhere near, so this is unlikely. I'm therefore seeing if I can explore my options. Just looking to get a general idea as to what proportion of muslim guys and their families would be ok with this.

Thanks in advance

I would.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I'm not a big fan of marriage right now due to a recent divorce, but if I ever did marry again - or a relationship, their ethnic background isn't really an issue for me...

As for my parents - well, after the living nightmare we've all been through, they will have no issues whatsoever in whomever I choose to marry - be it Muslim or non-Muslim (well they may raise some concerns to the latter, but I'm pretty sure they'd rather their eldest son be married again than live alone). At the moment, I'm just not interested in anyone in either case. I'll probably just sell my house and look for another one, take a holiday, focus on my career, get my dad his favourite car as a gift etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Final Fantasy)
    I'm not a big fan of marriage right now due to a recent divorce, but if I ever did marry again - or a relationship, their ethnic background isn't really an issue for me...

As for my parents - well, after the living nightmare we've all been through, they will have no issues whatsoever in whomever I choose to marry - be it Muslim or non-Muslim (well they may raise some concerns to the latter, but I'm pretty sure they'd rather their eldest son be married again than live alone). At the moment, I'm just not interested in anyone in either case. I'll probably just sell my house and look for another one, take a holiday, focus on my career, get my dad his favourite car as a gift etc.
    Did you marry a Muslimah?

I'm sorry this post is ridiculous! What is it about Muslim guys that care so much about ethnicity when it comes to marriage???? If you both get along then get married fullstop. Who cares about culture etc. Humans are humans. I'm guessing you're Asian as you guys are so into ethnicity as if that's the only important thing when it comes to marriage. Smh....

And for your information my parents are from different cultures and we're all fine thanks.

Just open up your mind mate and you might just see the world in a better light.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by AlifunArnab)
    Did you marry a Muslimah?
    Yeah, but she's less Muslim than even I am, and at least in real life I know how to behave with common courtesy, respect, kindness and decency. Whilst she's a disrespectful, abusive, violent, cheating, psycho gold-digging, visa hunting, batshit crazy drama queen from hell. I don't care what someone's ethnicity is, but now I do care what country they're from.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but she's less Muslim than even I am, and at least in real life I know how to behave with common courtesy, respect, kindness and decency. Whilst she's a disrespectful, abusive, violent, cheating, psycho gold-digging, visa hunting, batshit crazy drama queen from hell.
    As in she wasn't practising or that she wasn't a Muslim at all?

I'm going to assume it was arranged since you mentioned visa hunting?

If so, why did you agree to it?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by AlifunArnab)
    As in she wasn't practising or that she wasn't a Muslim at all?
    She may have occasionally practiced it and called herself one, but her other actions spoke louder.

I'm going to assume it was arranged since you mentioned visa hunting?

If so, why did you agree to it?
    It wasn't fully arranged, we met and all and got to know each other. It was mine and her's decision. She was different before and changed afterwards. Anyway it's too late now and it's a long story. She's here permanently as well - end goal achieved, courtesy of our spineless legal system offering her anything she wants for as long as she wants - because she's gonna get 'killed' if she goes back (******** - she's on holiday there right now! It's like a big middle finger to our Immigration services who won't do jack ****). Enjoy paying the taxes.

ReputationRep:
    I am Pakistani.

If i was to find a girl that i feel would be a great partner and soulmate, then her ethnicity is not an issue at all.
    And as far as my parents are concerned, they have always taught me to never judge a person by their skin colour but rather their actions and character.

And although ethnicity doesnt matter, pakistanis/south asians are my type, but hey anything can happen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    ...if the girl was also muslim?
    Also, would your parents allow it?
    (please state your ethnicity when replying too)

The only city in the UK with a major community of people of my ethnicity is London, which I don't live anywhere near, so this is unlikely. I'm therefore seeing if I can explore my options. Just looking to get a general idea as to what proportion of muslim guys and their families would be ok with this.

Thanks in advance
    Yeah I would but I would have to click with the girl on every level.
    They might be giving weird looks at first, which is normal but once it sinks in they realise I'm happy, they "should" & probably will be happy (excluding relatives etc) with it especially since the girl is also Muslim. Either way it wouldn't matter as I'm the one who's marrying the girl not them. :laugh:

South Asian/Arab.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but she's less Muslim than even I am, and at least in real life I know how to behave with common courtesy, respect, kindness and decency. Whilst she's a disrespectful, abusive, violent, cheating, psycho gold-digging, visa hunting, batshit crazy drama queen from hell. I don't care what someone's ethnicity is, but now I do care what country they're from.
    Big red warning signs.

Hope you all the best for the future! :hugs:

We're all gonna make it brah

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 2, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.