Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How to handle huge workload? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    For the past week I've revised chemistry AS and I'm already getting annoyed with the large amount of content. How do you deal with it - especially considering I'm going to be doing 4 subjects.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I see How many pages do you recommend I should do per week (I revise 4 or 5 days a week - considering I burnt out very easily from revising 24/7)

That's good to hear

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theaverage)
    I wouldn't split it into a certain number of pages, instead split it into topics and focus of just learning that topic.

What other subjects are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Alright. Biology, maths and economics. Do you have any tips/ advice for these subjects?

(Original post by shohaib712)
    Alright. Biology, maths and economics. Do you have any tips/ advice for these subjects?
    Yeah. Work really hard because it is a lot harder than GCSE

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I did both Maths and Economics.

If you do 1 chapter a week in Maths you'll be finished very soon and one topic of Macro and 1 of Micro a week is more than enough.

I dont advice cramming like me 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    nice strategy, bro! lol how did it go? what did you end up getting?

ReputationRep:
    Let me ask my girlfriend...

ReputationRep:
    Got an A in Maths and Econ so worked out done in the end

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wow thats absolutely amazing! Well done What are you planning on doing after sixth form?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Bung a load of caffeine down your neck and cram it all into one afternoon/evening

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Maths at Uni hopefully

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good luck with your Alevels

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Maths at Uni hopefully

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hiya!
    I wanted to know whether you used a maths textbook for revision or did you use a different resource?

ReputationRep:
    Literally almost had a heart attack from the amount of RedBull I drank revising for this chem **** and I only ended up with a C - so much for all those A*s in science GCSE, them As in the coursework, meant nothing
    Chemistry requires a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ot of practice and application and memory work.be prepared for it to take up like half your time. And if you're doing biology as well only God can save you then I'm sorry brah I'll pray for you tho <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    Literally almost had a heart attack from the amount of RedBull I drank revising for this chem **** and I only ended up with a C - so much for all those A*s in science GCSE, them As in the coursework, meant nothing
    Chemistry requires a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ot of practice and application and memory work.be prepared for it to take up like half your time. And if you're doing biology as well only God can save you then I'm sorry brah I'll pray for you tho <3
    this is so peak

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    Lol thanks
    I crammed chemistry unit 2 and 3 the night before and came out with an A* - funny cuz I did way better compared to unit 1 which I spent the year revising for But I got angry when there was no titration calculations in that exam cuz I spent the night mostly revising it. I'm never drinking coffee/energy dinks ever again - cuz it made me fall asleep when cramming for unit 2 and 3 for physics - ended up not getting time to revise unit 3 at all but somehow got 2 marks off an A - I thought I got a U lol

But Im going to try and revise propely and not cram this year (hopefuly)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shohaib712)
    Lol thanks
    I crammed chemistry unit 2 and 3 the night before and came out with an A* - funny cuz I did way better compared to unit 1 which I spent the year revising for But I got angry when there was no titration calculations in that exam cuz I spent the night mostly revising it. I'm never drinking coffee/energy dinks ever again - cuz it made me fall asleep when cramming for unit 2 and 3 for physics - ended up not getting time to revise unit 3 at all but somehow got 2 marks off an A - I thought I got a U lol
    daym saaannnn - yeah you see my final AS grades were BBCC in bio, computing, chem and phys

and i don't get that cos all year I was getting As - like 90% + in both bio and comp but then i somehow ****ed up in the real thing, I got 92% ums in unit 1 and a D in unit 2 oops

and then chemistry almost killed me - i did the salters advanced course tho, lowkey didn't finish the syllabus :lol: i was still getting Bs all year :hmmmm: I got a B in unit 1, D in unit 2 lmao :teehee: no one got an A rip

those energy drinks had me twitching I was about to fly in the exam :lol:

and physics - m8 that C is an A*+ to me I thought I was gonna fail for sure x_x

and then don't even get me started on A2- honestly that must be some form of established punishment in Hell allow it :lol:

ReputationRep:
    z33 clearly has a low IQ, so don't let him put you off your subjects

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naruke)
    z33 clearly has a low IQ, so don't let him put you off your subjects
    Remember: low IQ people can still kill you.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.