Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Finding a boyfriend? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I always go to places and think oh i could find a boyfriend here, example i'm going to bestival next week and i'm constantly thinking oh i could meet him there, i generally get a fair bit of attention but i always get sad when the week comes to an end and nothing comes of any of the boys i've spoken to…

silly i know, i'm 20, help me with some advice please!!

ReputationRep:
    But do you really need a boyfriend?
    The way I approach this is that I live my life as normal, without explicitly searching for a girlfriend. If at some point I do meet an appropriate girl then I will, if I won't then I won't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lousmithy)
    I always go to places and think oh i could find a boyfriend here, example i'm going to bestival next week and i'm constantly thinking oh i could meet him there, i generally get a fair bit of attention but i always get sad when the week comes to an end and nothing comes of any of the boys i've spoken to…

silly i know, i'm 20, help me with some advice please!!
    Correction: you like the IDEA of a boyfriend. You like the thought of bumping into a guy and starting something with him at a festival or show and how romantic it could be.
    If you really want a boyfriend though, next time you're receiving the attention from a guy, dish some of it back to him

ReputationRep:
    There's no harm in keeping your eye out for an opportunity to meet somebody, that's not silly at all. Maybe don't make it always the main goal of your trip so you can enjoy your time away, but sometimes these things happen when you stop looking. I'd try that and see what happens

ReputationRep:
    You get attention...meaning guys are attracted to you. And then that attraction dies when anything could develop. Why? Perhaps it's something you are doing? Perhaps your personality , the way you show you're interested back, whatever it is ...something is putting them off continuing with you. You did the first part, which is getting their attention, keeping their attention is entirely different.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    You're only 20! Attention is also better than no attention.

You could join online dating websites, go to speed dating events, go out, meet someone through your family or friends, join clubs out of interest such as badminton, salsa clubs, meet someone through college/uni/work or even approach men.

Good luck!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 2, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.