Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm going to be starting my degree for early childhood studies at roehampton and wanted to get to meet other people also doing the same course, I don't know anyone going to the university and am really scared about making new friends.

ReputationRep:
    Heya! I'm doing Early Childhood studies I don't know anyone either and I'm scared about making friends as well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LilyClayden)
    Heya! I'm doing Early Childhood studies I don't know anyone either and I'm scared about making friends as well!
    Omg that's so exciting are you coming to the lecturers they're having on the open day for the course? I feel as if there will be hardly any people since i don't know how many people are taking the course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 101beenish)
    Omg that's so exciting are you coming to the lecturers they're having on the open day for the course? I feel as if there will be hardly any people since i don't know how many people are taking the course
    Omg which day is the open day for the course?! I feel like I don't know much information about freshers week etc haha! Also, do you know which accommodation you're in?

ReputationRep:
    Omg which day is the open day for the course?! I feel like I don't know much information about freshers week etc haha! Also, do you know which accommodation you're in?
    There's a list of all the events they're having on the week on the student website and I'm not staying at the uni gonna be taking the train everyday 😭 And have you seen the timetable?

ReputationRep:
    There's a list of all the events they're having on the week on the student website and I'm not staying at the uni gonna be taking the train everyday 😭 And have you seen the timetable?
    Oh okay thank you, I'll check out the list!! Aw no that sucks 😫 Yes I have ☺️ so glad I get Monday's and Thursday's off! Btw do I need to buy text books for the course? Sorry I'm asking so many questions 😂

ReputationRep:
    Oh okay thank you, I'll check out the list!! Aw no that sucks 😫 Yes I have ☺️ so glad I get Monday's and Thursday's off! Btw do I need to buy text books for the course? Sorry I'm asking so many questions 😂
    I KNOWW, get to relax for two days and loooool don't worry I still have millions of questions to ask lots of people and I heard that they tell you about the books we need to have once we've started. And I heard this course doesn't have any exams but then it said its 82% coursework

ReputationRep:
    I KNOWW, get to relax for two days and loooool don't worry I still have millions of questions to ask lots of people and I heard that they tell you about the books we need to have once we've started. And I heard this course doesn't have any exams but then it said its 82% coursework
    82%?! Well I guess I had better buy a ton of notebooks for lectures 😂 Last week I went on a campus tour but I'm still confused where my actual classes are?! I'm going to be that one student who gets lost on my first day haha 😫 Also i haven't even bought any freshers events tickets yet, I feel so unprepared omg

ReputationRep:
    82%?! Well I guess I had better buy a ton of notebooks for lectures 😂 Last week I went on a campus tour but I'm still confused where my actual classes are?! I'm going to be that one student who gets lost on my first day haha 😫 Also i haven't even bought any freshers events tickets yet, I feel so unprepared omg
    I initially wanted to do the primary education degree but I couldn't pass the skills tests so the only rooms I saw when I went was for that course which is kind of annoying, I had to last minute change to this course so I hardly know anything about it and omg i don't think I'm going to buy the tickets, not really into the partying stuff lol but I definitely want to to go the fairs they will have, are you joining any societies?

ReputationRep:
    I initially wanted to do the primary education degree but I couldn't pass the skills tests so the only rooms I saw when I went was for that course which is kind of annoying, I had to last minute change to this course so I hardly know anything about it and omg i don't think I'm going to buy the tickets, not really into the partying stuff lol but I definitely want to to go the fairs they will have, are you joining any societies?
    I was initially doing a speech therapy degree in Portsmouth but changed last minute so I don't know much about this one, all I know is that there will be Education modules throughout the course!! & Yeah same I'm the kind of person to stay in and watch TV on a Saturday night but I'm living on campus so I should probably force myself to party I think I'm going to the fair, do you know what societies they have? I looked on a website but only saw religious ones (I'm a Christian so I may join) but I'd rather do something different as well 😆

ReputationRep:
    I was initially doing a speech therapy degree in Portsmouth but changed last minute so I don't know much about this one, all I know is that there will be Education modules throughout the course!! & Yeah same I'm the kind of person to stay in and watch TV on a Saturday night but I'm living on campus so I should probably force myself to party I think I'm going to the fair, do you know what societies they have? I looked on a website but only saw religious ones (I'm a Christian so I may join) but I'd rather do something different as well 😆
    They have other different ones like photography societies and gardening societies and such, o think I might join the gardening one since I'm into that lool and do you have an insta so we could keep in contact on there?

ReputationRep:
    They have other different ones like photography societies and gardening societies and such, o think I might join the gardening one since I'm into that lool and do you have an insta so we could keep in contact on there?
    Oh awesome! I like gardening too, I'm from the countryside 😂 My Instagram is Lilyevieee

ReputationRep:
    Oh awesome! I like gardening too, I'm from the countryside 😂 My Instagram is Lilyevieee
    Just followed and yay, I quite liked the fact that they had fruit and veg allotments all over the uni.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.