Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crimson Black)
    Yeah, for my mum bringing me and my other three siblings up - especially my whiney, arrogant, know-it-all sister, although she's mellowed over the years (are all girls like her while they grow up? "I want money for a new top, give it to me!", and there's me eating my breakfast going "what do you need a new top for? You've a cupboard-full of old ones that are fine.") - whilst my dad was at work 24/7 to pay off the debt they got into for their decision to send all of us (bar my youngest bro) to private boarding school in Britain (paid off, mind).

I often offered to come home and go to a state school because I could sense they were having immense financial difficulties for us, so my love and respect for my mum and dad are above unconditional. Plus they're amazingly loving and humourous people.
    They only sent you away because they couldn't be arsed to lok after you. Don't you see that?

ReputationRep:
    What's wrong with state schools?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, they're both incredibly successful at what they do, and are well educated, cultured and just generally respectable people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shreerac27)
    They only sent you away because they couldn't be arsed to lok after you. Don't you see that?
    Ooh, or, they wanted them to have the best education possible.

What a stupid comment, you have no idea about the situation :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bunthulhu)
    Ooh, or, they wanted them to have the best education possible.

What a stupid comment, you have no idea about the situation :rolleyes:
    So they didnt want their youngest to have a good education.

ReputationRep:
    Meh. The day you realise your parents are fallible is the end of childhood. I respect them, but I have no desire to make the same choices they made. But then i guess they made those choices based on something, so I wonder what it is.

ReputationRep:
    No, I do not look up to my parents.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shreerac27)
    So they didnt want their youngest to have a good education.
    Are you part of the family? Do you know exactly what their life is like?

No, of course you don't, you have no idea.

They would have had their reasons and it is certainly not for you to judge.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't like to be like my parents but mainly because they have jobs i wouldn't want to do (surveyor/teacher) plus i don't particularly get on with them as people either. I respect them for being my parents though.

ReputationRep:
    There are aspects of their personalities which I admire, but there is more aspects that I think are very immoral.
    I think I sort of admire different parts of lots of different people and mix them all together to create the person I want to be, but don't have one particular person that I see as my role-model.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.