Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    Thanks for taking a look and helping me out. Let me get right into it, i have received 5 Cs (English, Math, Biology, Chemistry, Arabic) and 1 B in Physics in May/June 2016. I have also received B in AS Arabic, in addition to a band 7.0 in UKVI Ilets, what are your suggestions?

Thank you,
    Abdelhamid
    PS: Most Students in our school got accepted into uni with their igcse's, they did really bad in AS levels. that's why im not trying to waste a year
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by midoasa)
    Hey,
    Thanks for taking a look and helping me out. Let me get right into it, i have received 5 Cs (English, Math, Biology, Chemistry, Arabic) and 1 B in Physics in May/June 2016. I have also received B in AS Arabic, in addition to a band 7.0 in UKVI Ilets, what are your suggestions?

Thank you,
    Abdelhamid
    PS: Most Students in our school got accepted into uni with their igcse's, they did really bad in AS levels. that's why im not trying to waste a year
    You will usually need A-levels to apply to a foundation year at a UK university.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I understand that you don't want to waste a year but I think it might be worth doing full A levels and applying that way.
    A year isn't that long, some people I know also did other things in that time on top of studying that helped their applications and gave them experience.

You could just call up some universities and they may take you though, universities are a business and want your money. If you fail on the foundation year they won't really care once they have your money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catinsomehat)
    I understand that you don't want to waste a year but I think it might be worth doing full A levels and applying that way.
    A year isn't that long, some people I know also did other things in that time on top of studying that helped their applications and gave them experience.

You could just call up some universities and they may take you though, universities are a business and want your money. If you fail on the foundation year they won't really care once they have your money.
    I really appreciate what you said to me and opened my eyes more, our school doesn't offer A levels and gives AS only so that's one issue making me jump this year as i still cant find schools with A levels being because most are full.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.