Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter


    So I've been living at the house for around two months now and everybody is due to move in soon now summer is almost up. It feels a bit weird being here alone for all this time and knowing others are due to move in very soon. I love baking and I was wondering if I should bake some cakes and cookies to welcome them in, or would that seem a bit forced?

    Also, as nobody else moved in at the start of the tenancy, I had to buy all the kitchen equipment; pots, pans e.t.c they still need to buy a few plates and a few more utensils but barely anything. Do you think I'd be able to get away with not contributing to shared costs of household stuff for a month or two to offset against the fact they barely have to buy anything?

    say to them 'I've had to buy a load of stuff to get the house up and running, do you want me to work out each persons share to pay me back or shall I just not pay X for a month or two?'

    and yeah baking cookies is great
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Downing Students

Universal Student Living

“Over 25 years of perfecting the student accommodation experience. Downing Students. Accommodation Made for you”

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.


Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.