Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I've been happy recently because i have an interview for a professional course. I have the opportunity to be luckily trained in production/backstage thats in the theatre, music venues. I've now a bit unsure because of the location. The site is located in a small town away from city london in north london. I originally thought it was closer to central. I don't live in london right now. I'm from the north.

Is it still worth going to an unknown area? I'm worried I will become isolated. My passion is acting.theatre and music. I want this opportunity to be still part of the industry. Help please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've been happy recently because i have an interview for a professional course. I have the opportunity to be luckily trained in production/backstage thats in the theatre, music venues. I've now a bit unsure because of the location. The site is located in a small town away from city london in north london. I originally thought it was closer to central. I don't live in london right now. I'm from the north.

Is it still worth going to an unknown area? I'm worried I will become isolated. My passion is acting.theatre and music. I want this opportunity to be still part of the industry. Help please?
    Take this opportunity, I can't advice it strong enough. Sometimes even being in the hub of central London can be more isolating than anything, sounds ironic I know. This place might be a small town, but if anything the community may be closer and in a way that can make it less isolating as it doesn't feel like a faceless area. Find the joy in wherever you go, I'm sure there are some opportunities for theatre and acting around the town or in it somewhere just keep looking.
    This course won't be forever, once it's finished, if you don't like this place you can always move

(Original post by Pinkberry_y)
    Take this opportunity, I can't advice it strong enough. Sometimes even being in the hub of central London can be more isolating than anything, sounds ironic I know. This place might be a small town, but if anything the community may be closer and in a way that can make it less isolating as it doesn't feel like a faceless area. Find the joy in wherever you go, I'm sure there are some opportunities for theatre and acting around the town or in it somewhere just keep looking.
    This course won't be forever, once it's finished, if you don't like this place you can always move
    Thank you

London can be a very isolating place. I have had isolating experience in new place before so I do hope I will settle in fine. I'm a positive person in general so it won't be too bad. The building were I'm going to is a bit out of nowhere too. I just hope I like the place at the interview and the training won't be that long I know. I'm still unsure if I will get a place.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.