Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently doing chem and bio but am thinking about switching bio to physics. At gCse i found physics lessons boring (got an a*) but i dont know if this was simply the teacher because when i read about astronomy i really like it. Im just worried i wont enjoy it at a level. Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squigysqump)
    I'm currently doing chem and bio but am thinking about switching bio to physics. At gCse i found physics lessons boring (got an a*) but i dont know if this was simply the teacher because when i read about astronomy i really like it. Im just worried i wont enjoy it at a level. Any advice?
    If you like Physics then take it! In terms of astronomy there isn't any for AS (for Edexcel at least) but there is some at A2, if you can wait till then

ReputationRep:
    I was the same. Bad teacher, boring content at GCSE. A-level is somewhat better.

ReputationRep:
    Its up to you. I did Alevel Physics at As and A2, if you dont take maths you might struggle later on.

ReputationRep:
    Yep if you think you might want to do astronomy later then maths and physics now... though the amount of astronomy in it's own right taught in A level physics is pretty small most iirc of A level physics is important for one area of astronomy or another eventually - which might help you stay motivated when gas laws are battering your motivation.

ReputationRep:
    Anybody got a copy of AQA multiple choice paper? Would be useful to look over before I return. Much appreciated.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.