Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all!
    I've just signed a contract to work part time at M&S during year 13 - it's temporary and should last until November. However, hours after signing it, I was offered a job at an artisan cafe that I've been wanting to work at since forever! I'm big on baking and artisan breads etc and /really/ want the experience of working there, but I'm not sure if I can take it now that I've signed a contract for another place...
    Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    Accept the job since its what you eat wanted to do, do both jobs or tell M&S you've been offered a better offer
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sfarrell998)
    Hi all!
    I've just signed a contract to work part time at M&S during year 13 - it's temporary and should last until November. However, hours after signing it, I was offered a job at an artisan cafe that I've been wanting to work at since forever! I'm big on baking and artisan breads etc and /really/ want the experience of working there, but I'm not sure if I can take it now that I've signed a contract for another place...
    Any advice?
    Id definately take the 2nd job since you have always wanted to work there.
    With regards to the m+s job, you can just tell them you have had a better offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sfarrell998)
    Hi all!
    Any advice?
    Do you have a copy of the contract? You may be able to quit without notice in a probation or training period.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stripystockings)
    Do you have a copy of the contract? You may be able to quit without notice in a probation or training period.
    I haven't been given a copy of the contract yet...
    I think it was the contract that I signed today! Not sure now!

ReputationRep:
    Life's too short to stay in a job you don't wanna stay in, politely call them up or email their office and say you are no longer able to do the job because you've just received your college timetable and realised the hours won't fit in with your college schedule

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.