?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
would a Uni rather have an A level student or Btec student on their course
Zeeiqbal
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Research on universities. I did three btecs as my A levels. So if you have any questions feel free to ask me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
1+5t
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by geoabc)
would a Uni rather have an A level student or Btec student on their course
If is is possible to get into the university and course which you want to apply to using BTEC then i'd say go for BTEC becuase it will be alot ess stressful than A-levels and you are likely to get better grades at the end of them.
Ze Witcher
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
A few years ago one of my teachers sons managed to get into Durham without any A-levels but BTECs. I am not so sure on what course he did but its possible
geoabc
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Zeeiqbal)
Research on universities. I did three btecs as my A levels. So if you have any questions feel free to ask me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
im wanting to do child nursing, I have just received my AS results which were CCE the E in Biology, in order to do a nursing course I need BBB so I'm unsure wether to take the risk of carrying on A levels or drop and do a Btec
Zeeiqbal
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's going to be really hard to do a btec now as you will need to do a lot of work. You could work extra hard and put your head down and get BBB. Because it will be an awful lot of work if your planning on doing all three btecs and also doing that all in one year. Choice is yours.

I would recommend you to do one btec subject and drop biology. But still keeping the other two A levels. Btecs require a lot of written work but you can do it. The good thing about btecs is that you know what grade you will get. I got all Distinction * in my Btecs. In one of them I took one of them in my A2 and still ended up with a A*.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
3.08%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (9)
13.85%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (10)
15.38%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (8)
12.31%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (25)
38.46%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (11)
16.92%

Watched Threads