my eyes are stupid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by she)
    my eyes are stupid
    astigmatism?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yam)
    astigmatism?
    yes (is that the same thing as a funny shaped eyeball?), dry eyes, and a very strong perscription :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by she)
    yes (is that the same thing as a funny shaped eyeball?), dry eyes, and a very strong perscription :p:
    yep funny rugby shaped eyeball
    extortionate :O
    my ones from specsavers are 15 a month, and 27 from dolland and aitchison. I don't know how 'strong' is though !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yam)
    yep funny rugby shaped eyeball
    extortionate :O
    my ones from specsavers are 15 a month, and 27 from dolland and aitchison. I don't know how 'strong' is though !
    maybe it was just boots trying to squeeze money out of me... allthough i used to get monthlies from vision express (about 30 pounds a month) but they always fell out within a few hours :/

ReputationRep:
    the post by stanmoor (pg 1) £36 = expensive. Boots probably do wana squeeze money outta ya tbh.
    dolland and specsvaers (toric lenses for astigmatism) prices include free aftercare

ReputationRep:
    you're dealing with your eyes here. it's pretty dangerous if you get some sort of infection from those lenses. I suggest you go for at least ONE aftercare session? lol

ReputationRep:
    Meh. I've been wearing contacts for about 2 years now...and have just booked myself an appointment. Yaaaaaaaaay. (I'm just lazy to make the effort which isn't very good I know)

ReputationRep:
    Specsavers - contact lens check £20. It's well worth investing in my eyes - they're the only pair i'll get!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2007
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.